So have you guys ever tried to learn those weird scales that you wouldn't normally use in a typical song....such as arabic/chinese/hindu scales?

I think it's quite fun to think of riffs using those scales
YEAH
Quote by ChordMonger
'chinese' is not a scale, it is a language and a nationality
'dorian' would be an example of a scale

~b

You're pretty stupid, there is such thing as a chinese scale.

Someone doesn't know how to read
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
Hungarian Minors are awesome, listen to some of Joe Satriani's new stuff and you'll hear he uses it
There are no "WEIRD SCALES" in music. Only Major and Minor(harmonic,natural & melodic) are the scales in music. Others are called Mods.
Quote by YA89
There are no "WEIRD SCALES" in music. Only Major and Minor(harmonic,natural & melodic) are the scales in music. Others are called Mods.

and Rockers?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by ChordMonger
'chinese' is not a scale, it is a language and a nationality
'dorian' would be an example of a scale

~b

Dorian is a mode.
Quote by steven seagull
and Rockers?

lol

I usually stick with major and minor with the odd chromatic thrown in but sometimes I use harmonic/melodic/hungarian minor
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
Quote by steven seagull
and Rockers?

Teddy Boys?

Wait, they did exist, right?

My mom said they were popular back in England in the 70's... she used to live there...

As for "weird" scales, I only know simple, beginner scales, but plan to expand my knowledge. Always did like that Middle Eastern type of music, I think SoaD uses stuff like that; it's pretty cool.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Teddy Boys?

Wait, they did exist, right?

My mom said they were popular back in England in the 70's... she used to live there...

As for "weird" scales, I only know simple, beginner scales, but plan to expand my knowledge. Always did like that Middle Eastern type of music, I think SoaD uses stuff like that; it's pretty cool.

Yeah, you should learn the arabic scale or something. I'm trying to learn it, it sounds really cool
YEAH