Me and a mate are in a two-piece band. Not that big, we're recording in a few days but not with a record label. Haven't played that many gigs, or at least not a gig where we've had to play more than three songs, so I consider them not real gigs. Anyway, we've got some real gigs coming up starting at two New Years Eve parties, one where we've got to "support" a friend's band who have one original song and about four covers (he's good at getting gigs though, so we figured we should let them be the headliners) and then a New Years party which'll probably just be around a whole bunch of mostly drunk teenagers, most of whom we know. We've figured that we should probably learn more songs for the first gig, seeing people are actually coming to the place to see bands, not to party. The second one we could probably play the same song for two hours and nobody would notice.

Because the library of songs we got covered isn't that large (and we don't want to just play a thousand songs by the same two artists), I thought I'd ask you guys what songs we should play. We need songs that can be played by a two-piece, or adapted rather easily by a two-piece. Here's what we have so far:
  • "Thickfreakness" - The Black Keys
  • "Hard Row" - The Black Keys
  • "Set You Free" - The Black Keys
  • "Midnight In Her Eyes" - The Black Keys
  • "Your Touch" - The Black Keys
  • "Just Got To Be" - The Black Keys
  • "Hypnotize" - The White Stripes
  • "Girl You Have No Faith In Medicine" - The White Stripes
  • "About a Girl" - Nirvana
  • "Tribute" - Tenacious D (well known)
  • "Black Math" - The White Stripes
  • "Original 01" - Us
  • "Original 02" - Us
  • "Original 03" - Us

There's no specific order here, here's just the songs we've got at the moment. We want to add a few songs to that list so not half our set list is just Black Keys songs, as much as we like them. Can anybody suggest us some good songs to play (as in not Local H or The Mess Hall, or other two-piece bands which use overdubbing. Like songs you can play as a two-piece).
Last edited by Whip It at Dec 9, 2008,
Are you both guitarists? You could do Little Wing and take turns soloing over the chords. Get Back is good fun to play with two guitars

Edit. Also could try some Rodrigo y Gabriela stuff, if you´re up to it.
Last edited by Gyzmoo at Dec 9, 2008,
Quote by Gyzmoo
Are you both guitarists? You could do Little Wing and take turns soloing over the chords. Get Back is good fun to play with two guitars

Edit. Also could try some Rodrigo y Gabriela stuff, if you´re up to it.

We're a two piece, but the drummer's alright at guitar and I'm alright at drums so we can switch places at any point if we have to. Acoustic suggestions are welcome but if possible songs that are guitar and drums. Thanks anyway, I'll look into those.

And thanks suppashredder, I didn't think of Green Day. In some of their songs their bass is like completely in time with their guitar, I'll look into that too.