Before you skip my post and say most of my tone comes from my amp, I am satisfied with the tone i get from my amp but i need more clarity in the notes and more sustain.

I currently have a Ibanez Rg3exqm1 with stock Infinty pickups, which do not care much for. I love the guitar but the pickuos are sub-par.

I play mostly metal and classic rock such as Megadeth, Zeppelin, Pantera, Shadows Fall and Testament, just a few off the top of my head.

I have ruled out EMGs and am considering a set of Evolutions or an Evolution in the neck and a X2N in the bridge but i am completely open to suggestions.

I like to solo and enjoy a nice crunchy heavy rhythym.

What direction do you think i should go?
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
XBL Gamertag: XzXPatrickXzX
The System HAS Failed
Quote by tommyp484
"RUSSELL! WHAT THE F*CK!!!!"
very very true, if your pickups are already ok get them adjusted to the correct height, too far away and you won't get good tone or sustain. get somebody who knows what they're doing to do it
if youre looking for more sustain and clarity try a Boss CS-3 compression/sustainer
Quote by futsalman
if youre looking for more sustain and clarity try a Boss CS-3 compression/sustainer

He shouldn't have to resort to compression with distorted tones, they're compressed enough naturally as it is.
Quote by XzX_Patrick_XzX
Before you skip my post and say most of my tone comes from my amp, I am satisfied with the tone i get from my amp but i need more clarity in the notes and more sustain.

I currently have a Ibanez Rg3exqm1 with stock Infinty pickups, which do not care much for. I love the guitar but the pickuos are sub-par.

I play mostly metal and classic rock such as Megadeth, Zeppelin, Pantera, Shadows Fall and Testament, just a few off the top of my head.

I have ruled out EMGs and am considering a set of Evolutions or an Evolution in the neck and a X2N in the bridge but i am completely open to suggestions.

I like to solo and enjoy a nice crunchy heavy rhythym.

What direction do you think i should go?

None of the above are particularly suited for what you want.

Look at the Dimarzio D-Sonic or Steve's Special. Pickups will improve clarity, but if your amp isn;t great they won't do much else. Sustain isn't really a pickup issue, it depends on your amp, your EQ settings and your technique - that endless singing sustain you hear is usually a result of carefullly controlling the feedback from a tube amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Dimarzio pickups are really good, you can search the website for the guitarist you want to sound like and see what they use... Eg paul Gilbert, yngwie, Herman
i have pretty decent sustain, im mostly focused on clarity. Thanks tho i will check those out. and i also know that adjusting my pickup height will not give me what im looking for. i have already adjusted them to my likings and they still lack.
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
XBL Gamertag: XzXPatrickXzX
The System HAS Failed
Quote by tommyp484
"RUSSELL! WHAT THE F*CK!!!!"