Page 1 of 2
There's a picture of my guitar on my profile... Looks much better now...

Okay, so...
Does anyone else feel like an instrument is a part of them?

I give about 5 lessons a week and bring it to school a few times a week.
I also take it to the beach whenever I go which is almost weekly.
I just use the strap and throw it across my back.
It goes with me everywhere though, and I usually play it hours a day.

Her name is Shelby, and when just playing some slow blues imrov on her, it feels like im having a conversation with her.
I play it whenever I feel happy or sad and she is always around.
I don't mean to ask if anyone else loves to play guitar, but if they feel like this with just a certain instrument.
She is my companion for life.

I don't play the same things with her that I do with other guitars, and I can't sing and play unless its with her either...

Kind of weird, but just wondering if anyone else felt this way.

Got the idea after writing about it in another thread.
I would'nt be that extreme but yeah of course, i have a different relationship with each of my guitars...

but yeah, you need a girl
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
If i'm not mistaken the pit > americas health system.

DREAM THEATER

Gear;
Gould LP
Samick strat
Tanglewood strat
Squire 4 string bass
Alto saxophone
At the moment I hate my guitar because it constantly decides to snap top e strings, but other than that, not really.
Quote by destroy_techno
this girl like said it was all screemz so I like punched her in teh face, serves her right stupid bish, don't fukk with Pantera
I give about 5 lessons a week and bring it to school a few times a week.
I also take it to the beach whenever I go which is almost weekly.
I just use the strap and throw it across my back.
It goes with me everywhere though, and I usually play it hours a day.

sounds like my girlfriend.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by JackalUK
You need a girlfriend

I'm thinking most of the posts will be like this.
maybe alittle the same but not anywhere near thous sort of extremes.
And on the 7th day God created METAL!
bahahah i just read all of it seriously dude "it feels like im having a conversation to her"
baahahahahahhaa
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
i know what u mean. i love my guitar more than most of the family i live with. parting with it might be the only thing that could make me cry...
...maybe i need a girlfriend...
i always come to UG for a tab, but get sucked into the pit

[SoWrongItsMatt]Have you tried, "Sex on fire?"

[[x]Huffy[x]]Either way I'm gonna be too stoned to care.

what he said.^

i love qotsa

mymusic
enjoy it.
eh i can kinda see what youre saying. i used to be kinda like that with my strat. But i got a new guitar and now im like it with that. Im in love with music not my guitar. the guitars just a medium.
Hm.. i don't really feel that way with my guitar...

oh and btw, Shelby is a nice name
i dented my guitar and cried for hours.........
Quote by AA00P
Forget genres, the real conflict is in the subgenres.

"LOLZ UR MOOSICZ NOT BROOTALZ ENOUGH ITS SYMPHONIC MELODIC ATMOSPHERIC BLACK METAL NOT SYMPHONIC MELODIC ATMOSPHERIC BLACKENED DEATH METAL CHUG-CORE LOLZ!!!"
Considering I take my guitar to school EVERY day (lessons, music class, band, recording etc), and play it for hours each day, yeah, I do feel a bond.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Of course I feel a bond with my guitars. Music is 99.99999999999% of my life (the other 0.00000000001% being my friends, family etc...). I've had nightmares when my guitars somehow got damaged and I've woken up crying. They all have different personalities.... Bonnie (Ibanez RG 350EX) is my playful little girl, Francesca-Maria (ESP M-100) is a moody b*tch but I love her for it and Melissa (Alvarez 5040) is just a sweet thing.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Quote by JackalUK
You need a girlfriend

i thought that when i read the title
i looooove my Miley

nahhh....i dont have any names...

don't feel much attachment to either of my guitars...my life is busy and stressful...and if i started having some connection with my guitars then i would know i'm insane and need therapy. :confuzzled:
yo.

I BELIEVE
bet you tried kissing it already ..

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by noxiosimitator
bet you tried kissing it already ..

Tried?
Haha... One step ahead of you.

Really though, the conversation thing didnt mean i actually talk to it, just that when you feel a certain emotion so much, she just helps bring it to life...

Its not that she is expensive or nice or anything, she was just over $100 5 years ago, but we have played so many shows and I bring her everywhere so I just feel kind of attached.
Is it so wrong for a man to love his guitar?

It is if you put your balls in it and strum yourself to ecstasy!
No?

I'm not closely bonded to my guitar at all.

Music i am, i can't go a day without listening to music, that said, i've only gone about 3 days without playing since i've got my guitar, but i don't feel bonded to my guitar, i feel bonded to music.

I could play any guitar and just feel it.
Quote by Guitarfreak217

Its just like a portal for emotions.

Sums up my feelings for the guitar (and music in general)
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

then i watched that segment again
Let me put it this way; I wanted to get a civil union between me and Megan (my Schecter) but some guy in a suit said I couldn't. Then I tried with Gerard (my acoustic) and that was denied even though the civil union law was designed for gay couples. What is wrong with this world?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by JackalUK
Is it so wrong for a man to love his guitar?

It is if you put your balls in it and strum yourself to ecstasy!
I was naked, It was dark, I was changing a string and I became entangled!
yes my guitar told me that if i dont play her more she will run away with my bass
Absolutely, I love her and treat her good. Always buying her new presents.
I use mine as a way to express emotion, but I havent named it or talked to it or anything . . . .

I have friends for talking to
Quote by xander307
that wasnt scary daryldom, it turned me on

Proud Canadian Eh?
Everytime i play mine, i feel like im tickling my granny's pasty...

I need a new guitar...
Err... I wouldn't quite say I'm like that, but I can say that I love my guitar. Everytime it takes a bump, it scares the **** out of me. I want to name her, but I can't think of an appropriate and unique name.
Quote by Guitarfreak217

I have a girlfriend.

You can **** a dog in the ass but it isn't realy your girlfriend.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
I feel the same way, OP.

My strat is named Jenny. I learned on her, took her everywhere with me back in the day, the most relaxed moments I've had in my life have been playing the blues on her... it's a great instrument, I'd be devastated if anything happened to my strat.

Many people think it's weird that people like us have these attachments to our instruments. They don't realize that our instruments are such a major part of our lives.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
yes.....
i actually cried when i thought i had to sell my epiphone to pay for ridiculous court fines, twas my first guitar. i just couldnt bare the thought of someone else fingering that fretboard.... thank god i didn't have to
I have a relationship with my guitar. How do I feel about her?

Her smooth yet busty curves...her long, flowing, strings....the feeling of her slender body laying on my lap.

And the sex? The sex is amazing.

She better not cheat on me though, or she'll end up like my last guitar.
I LOVE YOU JESUS CHRIIIIST
JESUS CHRIST I LOVE YOU
YES I DOOOO
Page 1 of 2