Im about to pop my midi cherry, and im a total novice.

Im trying to go from keyboard via a midi usb guitar pedal into pc cubase sx3. is it keyboard midi out to midi in on the fx pedal to usb to computer?

Then what do i do with cubase to set the midi up?Im trying to record tunes via midi.
What are you trying to achieve by using the guitar pedal? It sounds like you're just complicating things by using that.

midi out from keyboard to midi in on computer.

From there, the Cubase manual is really clear, with diagrams and everything. Of course, you know that, because since Cubase4 has been out for two years now, you must be reasonably experienced with SX3.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
What are you trying to achieve by using the guitar pedal? It sounds like you're just complicating things by using that.

midi out from keyboard to midi in on computer.

From there, the Cubase manual is really clear, with diagrams and everything. Of course, you know that, because since Cubase4 has been out for two years now, you must be reasonably experienced with SX3.

CT

cheap interface
MIDI interfaces ARE cheap at just $30...
EMU 1x1

Run the MIDI in and out leads to the keyboard, run the USB line to the computer.

I'm not sure what product you are working with that works with guitar and MIDI. Roland makes a MIDI guitar rig but that runs over $300...
Quote by axemanchris

CT

Zing. Anyway, the guy's banned, so no use helping him now.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101