Page 1 of 2
http://creativity-online.com/work/view?seed=f10f30aa

This just seems really wrong if you ask me, but it is not at all surprising. Basically Burger king's latest tv campaign see's them infultrating the most remote areas and cultures in the world and promoting their Whopper Burger and doing a taste test with the local people with The Whopper and The Big Mac who have never tried such food before. (obviously BK come out on top) Fair enough these people have every right to try different cultures foods as the western world do but it just seems a bit invasive to thrust such crappy food/corperation on cultures who are lucky to still have such healthy diets and managed to maintain their cultural traditions. Look at what the introduction of fast food companies have done to the diet of the western world. I don't know if I am alone in thinking this is just a sick marketing ploy which could have some bad consequences.

Give the video a watch if you are interested.
Please. Much as I detest Mickey D's, Big Mac > Whopper.

And I'd say you're reaching a bit to find some moral outrage about this.
I know Burger King burgers look better and more food like, but I love McDonalds burgers.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Jackolas
That video is ****ing horrible, it is a bad parody of itself.

Is it legit?

Yep. It stinks of imperialism.
Thanks TS - my nearest Burger King is 40odd miles away and I'm ruddy starving!!!
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
I love Burger King.
Can't stand McDonalds sometimes. Love the burgers, but god, can't tell you how many times I've gotten a rubbery grey big mac.

I like the faces they make.
The first thing I noticed on that video is that none of the Big Macs are prepared properly. For one, there is no cheese visible. There is always supposed to be visible cheese on a big mac because the way the cheese is shaped it's supposed to protrude on all sides of the bun. I think they tampered with the Big Macs to try and make the whopper look better.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Last edited by goth clash at Dec 9, 2008,
Quote by goth clash
The first thing I noticed on that video is that none of the Big Macs are prepared properly. For one, there is no cheese visible. There is always supposed to be visible cheese on a big mac because the way the cheese is shaped it's supposed to protrude on all sides of the bun. I think they tampered with the Big Macs to try and make the whopper look better

That is disgusting. Someone should call them out on that.
Come on i think its pretty interesting... and at 5:47 AM it makes me really hungry... ****ing Buffalo with not having everything open all nite like NYC...
I bet they prepared all the Whoppers with premium steak and the Big Macs with whatever they ran over on the way there.
Quote by merfsullivan
Oh man, I wanna Whopper so badly right now...

Anyone else read that in a unsubtly sexual way? W...Hop Her...

...Or is it just me?
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by DirtyMakik
Anyone else read that in a unsubtly sexual way? W...Hop Her...

...Or is it just me?

Special power CHARGE!
Quote by JackalUK
I bet they prepared all the Whoppers with premium steak and the Big Macs with whatever they ran over on the way there.

in yours, theirs, and my dreams
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by JackalUK
Special power CHARGE!

...Just me ...ok ciao

*Leaves thread*
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by goth clash
The first thing I noticed on that video is that none of the Big Macs are prepared properly. For one, there is no cheese visible. There is always supposed to be visible cheese on a big mac because the way the cheese is shaped it's supposed to protrude on all sides of the bun. I think they tampered with the Big Macs to try and make the whopper look better.

From all the McDonalds I've been to as an American these past 18 years, all I can say is that 8 times out of 10, the big macs especially have been disgusting.
Quote by goth clash

You think McDonald's sabotaged their own burgers? Or is it just possible that when it's not in one of their advertisements they always look sloppy and garbage like (even though they taste great)?
Quote by x_thurston_x
From all the McDonalds I've been to as an American these past 18 years, all I can say is that 8 times out of 10, the big macs especially have been disgusting.

A little tip to get a better meal is to go during 12pm-1pm or 5pm-7pm in drive through and order a medium extra value meal. This is because it is what is known as "gap busters". Basically, some randomer goes and orders that but really they're inspecting the food or something. Generally you get given the more fresher foods at that time because it can make or break a restaurant.

Quote by merfsullivan
You think McDonald's sabotaged their own burgers? Or is it just possible that when it's not in one of their advertisements they always look sloppy and garbage like (even though they taste great)?

They do taste great, I'm glad you agree. The ones on the advert are made to look pristine because they're made at their own pace. When a normal McDonalds worker is making them, they only have 46 seconds from the time the meat goes down on the grill to dress 4 of them at a time so generally it does get a bit messy but we do always try and get stuff well presented.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Last edited by goth clash at Dec 9, 2008,
Fucking gross.

Also, how sad is it that these peoples' first experiences with burgers are with a goddamn Big Mac and a Whopper? It's like losing your virginity to a really ugly girl who tastes bad and makes you shit a lot.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
I agree with the TS to an extent.

Your health should be one of your foremost priorities in life, and fast food corporations have gotten in the way of that unfortunately...

Quote by BigFatSandwich
Fucking gross.

Also, how sad is it that these peoples' first experiences with burgers are a goddamn Big Mac and a Whopper? It's like losing your virginity to a really ugly girl who tastes bad and makes you shit a lot.

And that is a great analogy

Quote by Fishyesque
Well, you might make her think otherwise.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
I thought it was cool actually. All you people need to realize that even though it probably WAS rigged the people weren't forced to eat it and it looked like they enjoyed the experience.

Also, MacDonald's and Burger King are both pretty good, although their burgers aren't really like a burger at all. It's kinda like comparing Hershey's to some European chocolate or American cheese to real cheese. They are all pretty good, just a lot different and not as good as their counterparts.
Quote by bloodshed344
I thought it was cool actually. All you people need to realize that even though it probably WAS rigged the people weren't forced to eat it and it looked like they enjoyed the experience.

Also, MacDonald's and Burger King are both pretty good, although their burgers aren't really like a burger at all. It's kinda like comparing Hershey's to some European chocolate or American cheese to real cheese. They are all pretty good, just a lot different and not as good as their counterparts.

Which is why I said I agree with the TS to a certain extent...my point still stands however.
Quote by Fishyesque
Well, you might make her think otherwise.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
Quote by bloodshed344

Real cheese... like UK cheese?
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
ugh i know im an asshole but that video made me laugh when that asian dude with the messed up hair said whopper
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.

harryberg1's phone number :401-787-3317
here's an idea: how about instead of impressing our ****ty food upon other cultures, we just help the cultures that are in need of REAL food.

damn it this country is ridiculous
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
Quote by bloodshed344
I totally don't get the joke but I still laughed.

Be moar English.

It's not a bad idea. It's just one burger, they seemed to enjoy it. Makes a welcome change to experience different cultures. It's not like they're feasting on 'em every day.

I really wanna burger now
So they went around the world, gave two burgers to people who haven't had one before and asked which ones they liked better. I can't see any way this could be seen as "wrong", it's a burger for ****'s sake.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Dec 9, 2008,
Big Mac > Whopper, unless you are paid to say otherwise.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by mrcrono
I think this sums it up pretty well:

i feel a demotivational pic coming on "Nut Fluck Chuck Buck - he prefers seal meat"

edit: e-cookie for anyone who gets reference
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
It was interesting in a way.. I'd like to see it the other way around though.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
This makes me want some Burger King really bad, but I haven't eaten fast food in months and I don't want to stop losing weight or go back into that bad habbit. The urge is so great uhggg.

On topic: I thought the commercial was stupid.
Last edited by NeverMIA at Dec 9, 2008,
Page 1 of 2