ok guys here is the biggest issue i have ever faced in the world of music. my band wants to do our first show at battle of the bands at my high school in a few months. i am expelled from the school and am not allowed to go. my co-founding guitarist wants them to do the show without me instead of waiting and or renting a place for a show. please tell me is my anger about this wrong?? cuz they think i shouldnt care i if i cant play the first show.
It's out of school hours, I don't see the problem.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
There is a forum for this kind of things, y'know?

But here's my pit-worthy answer: "Rape them to death while listening to the Never Gonna Give You Up/I Cum Blood mashup song and fapping without forgetting to look at the 'lolwut?' pear."
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
When Lars Ulrich was unable to play drums in 2004, Metallica got Joey Jordison to step up. When Jonathan Davies couldn't perform at Download last year, they got a few other singers to cover for him. When Adam Duce injured himself Dirt Biking, Machine Head got someone to fill in for him.

It's your own fault you can't play, you got expelled. Don't ruin their fun by not allowing them to play.
RULE BRITANNIA
eh why cant they just ask the school manager if you can come to the gig? it shouldnt be such a big prob
break on through
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
When Lars Ulrich was unable to play drums in 2004, Metallica got Joey Jordison to step up. When Jonathan Davies couldn't perform at Download last year, they got a few other singers to cover for him. When Adam Duce injured himself Dirt Biking, Machine Head got someone to fill in for him.

It's your own fault you can't play, you got expelled. Don't ruin their fun by not allowing them to play.

o hai

Adam Deuce. Lol.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Yep. Pretty much.

'Specially that last sentence right there.

ALSO, if they're allowing non-students to attend, non-students should be allowed to play.
Quote by Zero-Hartman

"..my band wants to do our first show at battle of the bands at my high school in a few months.."
Quote by DirtyMakik

But here's my pit-worthy answer: "Rape them to death while listening to the Never Gonna Give You Up/I Cum Blood mashup song and fapping without forgetting to look at the 'lolwut?' pear."

That's the most fail-filled thing I've read all day. Seriously.
I'm unable to record with my band this weekend because I have finals. So my other guitarist is recording my parts.

So here's what you have to do:

Deal with it.
Quote by ~Moby Dick~
"..my band wants to do our first show at battle of the bands at my high school in a few months.."

I assumed it would be out of school hours. Now that I think about it...

TS, don't go. You can miss one gig.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Myself

Quote by soulflyV
That's the most fail-filled thing I've read all day. Seriously.

You know what sarcasm is?
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
since guns n roses played ''without'' the old guys they've been crap. u cant always replace the crew :P
break on through
i was expelled for gettin arrested. my point is that we can be booked when ever we want with local bands that we are all friends and enjoy doin shows with and have more fun. we have to pay 30 bucks to play a battle of the bands we will loose due to the fact no one at our school likes metal. i mean it least the local venues allow moshing. unlike the school.
Quote by DirtyMakik
You know what sarcasm is?

Please try and keep some dignity here, the pit wasn't always like that you know. The majority seem to think it's funny, but here's the thing, it's not.

Anyways, the bottom line is he did wrong, he has to face the consequences. If they want to play, let them play. Don't spoil their gig.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by soulflyV
Yeah, but even for sarcasm it came across as trying too hard.

I didn't try sh*t. I just told him he's in the wrong forum and I showed him how his thread'll end up.

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Please try and keep some dignity here, the pit wasn't always like that you know. The majority seem to think it's funny, but here's the thing, it's not.

Here's the thing. Majority.
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
and i did not know there was a place for this. i had to start a new account on here and havnt been on in about a year. sorry my good sirs
Quote by x666cfh666x
and i did not know there was a place for this. i had to start a new account on here and havnt been on in about a year. sorry my good sirs

You do know Multiple accounts are illegal?

Gonna have to report that one.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by x666cfh666x
i was expelled for gettin arrested. my point is that we can be booked when ever we want with local bands that we are all friends and enjoy doin shows with and have more fun. we have to pay 30 bucks to play a battle of the bands we will loose due to the fact no one at our school likes metal. i mean it least the local venues allow moshing. unlike the school.

Then why don't you.
Quote by x666cfh666x

Like pretty much everyone else has said: You got arrested, you got expelled, they didn't. Why should they have to suffer because of something you did?
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Turn up anyway. I would.

No wait.. I probably wouldn't, but, you should. If you think it is the right thing to do.

ONLY if you didn't get other people in trouble and it means you could all play.
Quote by Jackolas
Turn up anyway. I would.

Seriously what can happen if u are already expelled ?
break on through
Quote by stigmeister2win
Seriously what can happen if u are already expelled ?

Haha I dunno... getting arrested for trespassing? Maybe?
Banging on a trash can
Quote by BigFatSandwich

They would have to be absolute gits to do that. Depends what he got expelled for though... Maybe it was something awful.
Quote by neojazzical
I'm unable to record with my band this weekend because I have finals. So my other guitarist is recording my parts.

So here's what you have to do:

Deal with it.

This here is the right answer, close the thread.#

Quote by x666cfh666x

Multi-Accounts.

Doesn't get any better for you like.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Jackolas
They would have to be absolute gits to do that. Depends what he got expelled for though... Maybe it was something awful.

Haha, yeah true. They'd most likely just ask him to leave.
Banging on a trash can
they wont book a show cuz they are lazy. but ya. im just gunna go do it prolly wear a rasta dreads and a mask but yea. its not that i am mad that i cant. im mad because they can easily play a show with our friends and not pay that much. any who thanks guys and girls. have a good one
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Trespass isn't a crime. Not something you get arrested for.
Quote by webbtje
Trespass isn't a crime. Not something you get arrested for.

What? I'm no law student or anything, but...

Yes it is.

EDIT:
I see what you're doing there. You're getting technical.
Banging on a trash can
Last edited by BigFatSandwich at Dec 9, 2008,
Quote by BigFatSandwich
What? I'm no law student or anything, but...

Yes it is.

EDIT:
I see what you're doing there. You're getting technical.

It's a tort, a civil wrong. It can be sued upon but cannot lead to prosecution unless there was clear breaking and entering. No arrests.
Quote by soulflyV
neva bck dwn

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by webbtje
It's a tort, a civil wrong. It can be sued upon but cannot lead to prosecution unless there was clear breaking and entering. No arrests.

Suppose he drops in through the roof because they won't let him in the front door? Or, in a more realistic scenario, what about criminal trespass?
Banging on a trash can
TS should disguise himself as a chick, have sex with the principal and then make him let him in as blackmail for having sex with a minor/student/whatever.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I don't think you should care that you're not playing. High School battles of the bands are lame anyway.