Page 1 of 2
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=688550

Do you think that being sent to jail is a worthy punishment? I'm not sure of the time he will have to spend, but it's good that the prosecutors are trying to set an example for the public.

haha
"A court was told Robert Jones believed he would escape prosecution because he had registered his car in the name of his 13-year-old daughter and had claimed he sold the vehicle to an unnamed man in a pub, the UK Telegraph reports. "
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE

People get arrested all the time for rude gestures at speed cameras, they should probably know better, they will get caught
RULE BRITANNIA
When in doubt, blame it on your teenage daughter.

Jail is a tad harsh. People are still going to loathe speed cameras either way...

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I'm sure I recall someone getting arrested for repeatedly setting a camera off on a pedal bicycle before.
Quote by JackalUK
I'm sure I recall someone getting arrested for repeatedly setting a camera off on a pedal bicycle before.

genius.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Quote by JackalUK

Yeah, that rings a bell

looks like he actually got jailed for taking the piss by denying it though, judges come down hard on it cos it's a waste of public money
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Aye, when they have your face, your family's faces and your registration number you're pretty much asking for it by lying in court.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by JackalUK

Is that the guy that put signs up asking people to deliberately speed up & telling them they won't get caught because he was posing in the camera's view?

He was a legend.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
Is that the guy that put signs up asking people to deliberately speed up & telling them they won't get caught because he was posing in the camera's view?

He was a legend.

*runs outside with a sign*
thats ****ing disgusting that he suffers the same fate as people who raped a 14 year old girl.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by Fuzzbox91
thats ****ing disgusting that he suffers the same fate as people who raped a 14 year old girl.

The law is an ass
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
It sounds ****ing stupid, but it depends how long he was jailed for.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by whalepudding
It sounds ****ing stupid, but it depends how long he was jailed for.

It's not what he did, it's because he lied about doing it.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Fuzzbox91

No.
Quote by Iriathz

Do you think that being sent to jail is a worthy punishment? I'm not sure of the time he will have to spend, but it's good that the prosecutors are trying to set an example for the public.

haha
"A court was told Robert Jones believed he would escape prosecution because he had registered his car in the name of his 13-year-old daughter and had claimed he sold the vehicle to an unnamed man in a pub, the UK Telegraph reports. "

i thought they would be happy about the crime it would have generated thousands in speeding fines. cameras are a ****ing joke they are just money making schemes.

also you aussies are always on about our news and crime..is there nothing happening in Aus? i thought it was the land of crooks?!
Quote by Iriathz

haha

I think it was the whole "fraud" thing they were pissed about as well.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by bawjaws
i thought they would be happy about the crime it would have generated thousands in speeding fines. cameras are a ****ing joke they are just money making schemes.

also you aussies are always on about our news and crime..is there nothing happening in Aus? i thought it was the land of crooks?!

Speed Cameras are money making schemes? What the hell are you on? They catch stolen cars, people speeding and people doing inappropriate things while driving. They are not a money making scheme.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Speed Cameras are money making schemes? What the hell are you on? They catch stolen cars, people speeding and people doing inappropriate things while driving. They are not a money making scheme.

if you go 31 mph in a 30 mile zone you will get a 60 quid fine. what the hell are you on?
Quote by bawjaws
if you go 31 mph in a 30 mile zone you will get a 60 quid fine.

Think you just answered your own question there mate.

30 is the limit, not 31.
RULE BRITANNIA
Depends on the camera tollerance actually. Sometimes they let you off, in hotspots they tend to be set to be more strict
Quote by JackalUK
Depends on the camera tollerance actually. Sometimes they let you off, in hotspots they tend to be set to be more strict

Aye that goes without saying, but you know what I mean, it's the principal. This guy saying 'You break the law and you get fined? What the hell?'
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Think you just answered your own question there mate.

30 is the limit, not 31.

Not at all mate. 60 quid is extortionate.
Quote by bawjaws
Not at all mate. 60 quid is extortionate.

I know it is, I'm not saying it's fair but I'm saying the law. You break it, you pay the price. Hell, I'd be pissed off if I was fined that, I've been fined £80 for public urination; I didn't think it was fair but I paid it, the law's the law.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I know it is, I'm not saying it's fair but I'm saying the law. You break it, you pay the price. Hell, I'd be pissed off if I was fined that, I've been fined £80 for public urination; I didn't think it was fair but I paid it, the law's the law.

Did they ask you to clean it up, because I don't get how that works. Say you just peed all over a wall, cop comes and says clean it up. The only fluid I have readily available is pee, so I have to pee on the wall again to clean it up creating yet another infraction.
Quote by JackalUK
Did they ask you to clean it up, because I don't get how that works. Say you just peed all over a wall, cop comes and says clean it up. The only fluid I have readily available is pee, so I have to pee on the wall again to clean it up creating yet another infraction.

Nah, it was in a park, I pissed behind a tree, came back and two policemen were standing there. took my drink and took me to a cash machine for the money, gave me a lecture and told me to be on my way.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by bawjaws

O yeah, I know i'll take away all speed cameras, and then when you or a loved one get hit by a driver who was speeding, see how you feel.
If people dont like being fined so much, maybe they should stop being ****ing twats and just keep to the speed limit? Revolutionary. Seriously people like you piss me off to no end, its not just for money, its to save lives by stopping people speeding.
Quote by Feel bad inc.
O yeah, I know i'll take away all speed cameras, and then when you or a loved one get hit by a driver who was speeding, see how you feel.
If people dont like being fined so much, maybe they should stop being ****ing twats and just keep to the speed limit? Revolutionary. Seriously people like you piss me off to no end, its not just for money, its to save lives by stopping people speeding.

1 mile an hour will really make the difference. the point is they could have the deterrant as a court appearance or police caution which would be more of a deterrant.
Quote by bawjaws

1 mile an hour will really make the difference. the point is they could have the deterrant as a court appearance or police caution which would be more of a deterrant.

You just don't get it do you? it doesn't matter how much over the limit someone is, may it be 1mph or 100mph; They are over the limit.
May not make much difference, but it is the law.

Which part don't you understand?
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by bawjaws

If one mile an hour 'will really make the difference ' then why not stick at 30? 1 mile an hour is nothing. Hell, you walk an average of 4mph. If it really is nothing then stick to the bloody speed limit and quit whinging when you get a fine.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
You just don't get it do you? it doesn't matter how much over the limit someone is, may it be 1mph or 100mph; They are over the limit.
May not make much difference, but it is the law.

Which part don't you understand?

keep saying it mate..ive already expressed the point about the reasoning being the governement using fines rather than court measures..because that costs them money and fines MAKE them money?

go and do some of your admin work you might not have a job with this recession..admin clerks are the first to go.
Agressive little tyke this one aint he. Had a go at me in the murderous penis fiddler car crash man thread, now you here.
Quote by bawjaws
keep saying it mate..ive already expressed the point about the reasoning being the governement using fines rather than court measures..because that costs them money and fines MAKE them money?

go and do some of your admin work you might not have a job with this recession..admin clerks are the first to go.

Ah I see, you can't admin you were wrong so you resulted to looking at my profile to learn more about me before you decided to personally attack me? So cute
My jobs just fine mate, thanks for showing interest.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by bawjaws

So you wish to have a whole court procession over one man speeding?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Ah I see, you can't admin you were wrong so you resulted to looking at my profile to learn more about me before you decided to personally attack me? So cute
My jobs just fine mate, thanks for showing interest.

personally attacking you by saying to do your work rather than spending your life on this forum mate? you are obviously very sensitive. i didnt say you looked like a buckfast drinking burbery wearing chav that would be mean.
Quote by bawjaws
personally attacking you by saying to do your work rather than spending your life on this forum mate? you are obviously very sensitive. i didnt say you looked like a buckfast drinking burbery wearing chav that would be mean.

Since when was it your job to tell me what to do?

First day back and already being trolled, lucky me
RULE BRITANNIA
I trolls, you just be thankful ^

Could you answer my question please too, I seriously want to know if you think arranging a whole court meeting over a speeding penalty is a good action.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Since when was it your job to tell me what to do?

First day back and already being trolled, lucky me

ill tell you w/e i want

funny i thought it was you who was trolling me
Quote by bawjaws
ill tell you w/e i want

funny i thought it was you who was trolling me

I was telling you facts, you were arguing with facts.

Let the others decide who was right.
RULE BRITANNIA
Page 1 of 2