well my question is what sounds better, a digitech rp250 or a digitech RP300a??
Quote by DespisedIcon
Both of them aren't good.

+1
go for individuals, this pedal is like a "which effect do I want" pedal, I have one and when I feel for a new effect I try it on this one and I go buy a good one
Quote by Ktulu.-
o.O

so what can i get with 180 buck??

Which effect do you want, distortion?, dependds on what you want to play too
hmm dono RP-300a... may 350??

i've got 250 and it's awesome yeah really... uit's pretty comfortable and for it's like the golden middle between everything i needed and in the way i needed ( O_o )
hmm anyway it's worth for the price.. buy it if ya want that kinad processor
^^ what he said

seriously, if u must go multifx board, then save for a boss me-50 or the higher end zoom's with the preamp tube in there.

all youre going to get with the digitech's are numorous muddy ill-defined sounds. better yet....scratch multifx and save for individual units with true bypass and all that good analog stuff...ud be surprised how much low end digital units screw up your tone.
well this is my problem, I've already checked in this forum for some opinions about the digitech rp250 but all I found was "oh dont ever buy that **** its too fake and sounds awful" and "thi pedal rocks its really good I have it for almost a year and I love it" so I really really dont know if this thing is good or bad

oh BTW I have a really ****ty amp, I mean really bad an 15w spider III its better
they will sound equal, the 300 will have a few more effect/amp models, a presence setting for the eq, and maybe 1 or 2 other small differences.

you could always get a pedal that will serve you to the end of your days, i.e buy an ISP decimator instead of a ds-1 and some other low end pedal. a multi effects (probably) you will probably want to get rid of in favor for higher quality pedals someday in the future.

edit: if you have an amp like that, an rp250 isn't going to make it sound worse. a multieffects would only make a high quality amp sound worse.

if you really wanna spend your money on guitar stuff, you could always buy good pickups, or get 1 or 2 good quality pedals. or you could save for a new amp. whatever you buy, try and get something that you will never have to upgrade (disregarding changes in personal taste).
Last edited by SpeedLives at Dec 9, 2008,
Quote by vigenharutyunya
^^^ dissagreed...
for example i'd still leave it in my gear couse of the YA-YA pedal.. and the ability to stick a parameter to the expression pedal like the tromolo's speed or other stuff liek dat and controll it

but if there was an individual, higher quality version of the ya-ya effect and a tremolo with an expression pedal, you would still want those because the quality would be better.

don't misread what i wrote, i own an rp250.

and i personally dont like assigning things to the expression pedal because you can't really use the wah if you do so (try assigning volume to toe up max and try and use the wah to see what i mean).

edit:

when i said "a multi effects (probably) you will probably want to get rid of in favor for higher quality pedals someday in the future", i mean that if for example you decide you like the tube screamer, crybaby wah, and jcm800 amp in the rp250, that means eventually it would be a good idea for you to buy an ibanez tube screamer, a crybaby wah pedal, and a jcm800 amplifier.
Last edited by SpeedLives at Dec 9, 2008,
Quote by Ktulu.-
well this is my problem, I've already checked in this forum for some opinions about the digitech rp250 but all I found was "oh dont ever buy that **** its too fake and sounds awful" and "thi pedal rocks its really good I have it for almost a year and I love it" so I really really dont know if this thing is good or bad

oh BTW I have a really ****ty amp, I mean really bad an 15w spider III its better

yeah but even with a ****ty amp, using a really good distortion or chorus or whatever individual units is much better sounding and good in the long run too. I mean, when you upgrade to a better amp you dont wanna dish out more money to buy more effects because yours sucks u know?

but seriously, ive played with the digitech...its not good. its one of those "omg its sounds so good its so cool but after a couple of months i realized it sucks" kinda things. if i were you id buy a good distortion pedal if u dont like your amp's. good ones are the satchurator by vox, electro-harmonix metal muff or big muff pi, or radial tonebones.
ok thanks all your comments helped me a lot, I think im going to save more money and buy a new amp, probably a marshall valvestate and then I'll buy one or two analog effects
Last edited by Ktulu.- at Dec 9, 2008,
Quote by Ktulu.-
....a digitech RP300a??

I own the RP300 (not artist model).

I recently bought a Crate combo amp (FW65). The built in effects are pretty decent for what I play. When I was still playing off a little boomer amp, I would always have this pedal running with different custom presets that would shine. But since I moved up to this combo amp, I have kept it on bypass/tuner because I really dont need it anymore. If youre trying to bypass, you have to push 2 foot buttons which can be a b!tch sometimes, which is why i really dont use it for much more than the occasional wah. Im planning on buying an actual wah pedal though.

Keep this in mind. If you have an amp with pretty decent effects, I would direct more toward individual pedals instead of this multi-effects stomp box. Like I said, it was good for what I was previously using, but now it has become obsolete but still a part of my rig.

Hope this helped.

__ EDIT ___

Just including this very true quote

edit: if you have an amp like that, an rp250 isn't going to make it sound worse. a multieffects would only make a high quality amp sound worse.
Get up and free yourself from yourself.
- TOOL -

GEAR
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (silverburst)
Ibanez SZ720FM
Alvarez AD60CK
Crate FW65 Combo
Dunlop GCB95 CryBaby Wah
BOSS TU-2
BOSS DD-7
BOSS NS-2

Last edited by ewall09 at Dec 9, 2008,
Too "speedlives"

Now cmon not everybody can buy that
And btw ok after you buy the JCM 800 thing ya buy a cabinet for it ya buy the crybaby and tube screamer.. And what if for ie I call ya to a party to comewith yr guitar?? Ya gotta bring the JCM amp with cabinet??

Well yeah that problem sometimes accure with expression assigning
but here's another good point.. What if ya need to full change yr tone changing the distortion model EQ settings effect,s add delay and remove the reverb (well I know it's a bit too hmm I dono what to say but :p )

With only one foot click on the pedal ya can change the preset from oen to another… lol
Well with all the pedals (single pedals) ya muist buy a midi controller foot switch but even in that case ya don get the same abilityz lol
What chathink?
Zoom G2.1u is a great beginner multi efx pedal. I have also hear great things about the fuzz factories