Poll: Which guitar would you choose? For rock and metal...
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar would you choose? For rock and metal...
ESP LTD MH-1000
1 7%
ESP LTD EC-1000 FR
2 14%
Dean Razorback Cemetery Gates
1 7%
Dean MAB1
1 7%
Jackson SL3 Soloist
3 21%
Jackson Phil Demmel Signature King V
0 0%
Ibanez S5470
8 57%
Voters: 14.
Alright i really need to make a decision soon. So i really really need help.
Options are:
ESP LTD MH-1000
ESP LTD EC-1000 FR
Dean Razorback Cemetery Gates
Dean MAB1
Jackson SL3 Soloist
Jackson Phil Demmel Signature King V
Ibanez S5470

Thank you...
some nice guitars there.
I've got an ESP, [ec-1000] and i want something with a FR, thing is...I'd kill for a Razorback, but i've heard from a few friends of mine that they aren't worth the money. Nonetheless they are amazing, but not worth the price tag, and not with the default pickup selection.
My opinion, EC-1000FR, Great guitar, great brand. I'm not sure bout the FR version but this is seriously a guitar to match any other, i've played against Gibsons and honestly, you can barely tell the difference.

P.S, I know you've got your list planned, but this won't hurt, have you looked at the Schecters? they've got FR versions of great models, i'm hoping to get one myself sometime soon.

anyways, Good luck with your guitar choice, hope you get a good deal =].

EDIT: why not make a poll? lol...
I'm a sucker for Prestige necks, so I'd go for the Ibanez; great build quality, nice trem, etc.

I've heard good things about the LTDs you listed, too, but I haven't tried any so I don't have any personal experience with them. I wouldn't go for the Deans, or Dean in general (maybe a USA one, but those are way out of your budget).

That leaves Jackson.

I haven't tried the SL3, but I own a USA Soloist and I love it. Of course they're different guitars, but they certainly have something in common. I tried a Phil Demmel model at Sam Ash a few months ago and I didn't like it; I couldn't quite put my finger on what I didn't like about it, but it wasn't the guitar for me.

Anyway, this is all just my opinion. Your best bet is to go to a local store and try as much as you can (within your budget).
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Well my budget is around $1300 i think. Prob is im from India so i cant really try out the guitars here so i need different opinions. Thanks
Quote by Darth Sion
Well my budget is around $1300 i think. Prob is im from India so i cant really try out the guitars here so i need different opinions. Thanks

Well, in that case, make sure you take shipping, taxes and import duties into account.

Also, a lot of the major retailers in America only ship within the US.

Anyway, good luck
my dads gonna pick it up when he comes there at the end of the month so shipping and taxes isnt a problem
Quote by Darth Sion
my dads gonna pick it up when he comes there at the end of the month so shipping and taxes isnt a problem

Well, depending on which state he's going to, he'll still have to pay American sales tax. This is almost never included in the price of the guitar as listed on the tag, so if you buy a guitar with a $1000 price tag in New York City, you'll end up paying $1083,75. I know it's pretty obvious, but still important to keep in mind.

This means that if you were to buy a guitar in NYC with a 1300$ limit, you'd need to find a guitar with a maximum ticket price of 1199,53$. Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire and Oregon are the only states without sales tax.

Now, there's a good chance that your dad will need to pay tax and import duties when he get's back to India. I'm not familiar with your tax system, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't have to go through customs.