Does anyone have the Squier OBEY Graphic Telecaster® Propaganda or DEAN VENDETTA XM Electric Guitar? I'm kinda torn between the two.

Is there any alternatives within a price range of £230?

Can anyone give me some pros and cons on both please?

thanks
I walked in a valley in the shadow of death.

I then turned round and said to him "you need tic tac for you bad breath".

One day I'll be able to play my accoustic and electric guitar at the same time but not today.
Last edited by projectsome at Dec 11, 2008,
The pro's of the Squier is that it is a good quality guitar with versitile options with the H/S combo. It looks cool.. but I'd get sick of it.

The con of the Dean is that it's a Dean.
Gibson Les Paul Studio(Wine Red)
Squier Vintage Modified Tele(White)
Eastwood Sidejack(Amber)
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Danelectro: Echo,Tremolo, Octave
Dunlop JH-1B Wah
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ 1x12 cab
Quote by hypnotix
The pro's of the Squier is that it is a good quality guitar with versitile options with the H/S combo. It looks cool.. but I'd get sick of it.

The con of the Dean is that it's a Dean.

So the Dean I should just abandon then!

Why would you get sick of the Squier?

I currently have a 34 inch (3/4) length elevations which I'm forever tuning so thought it was time to go full length.

One day I'll be able to play my accoustic and electric guitar at the same time but not today.
Quote by projectsome
Does anyone have the Squier OBEY Graphic Telecaster® Propaganda or DEAN VENDETTA XM Electric Guitar? I'm kinda torn between the two.

Is there any alternatives within a price range of £230?

Can anyone give me some pros and cons on both please?

thanks

This

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ibanez-rg321-mh/67798

Or anything by Vintage, in particular

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/72458
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/72465
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/72485

and the Zip, simply because it's cool

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/71399
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
it really is determined by what you play. if you play metal, the dean. if you play rock and lighter, the squire. don't listen to that biased kid.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Quote by CaRveItiNbass
it really is determined by what you play. if you play metal, the dean. if you play rock and lighter, the squire. don't listen to that biased kid.

I like playing somewhat varied kinds from vocals, to rock like linkin park, some disturbed, saliva, some of the backing from rap/hip hop (like travis barker) etc.

you could probably get a yamaha pacifica 412 for that. i'd go with that.

is £230 the top price you're willing to go to?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
you could probably get a yamaha pacifica 412 for that. i'd go with that.

is £230 the top price you're willing to go to?

I'd prefer not to go over £230 but if needs must then needs must....

If I don't put a limit on then I'll have too much to choose from.

ok... looking at what's available there, my guess is that the yamaha pacifica 112v would be a decent choice. if you aren't too choosy on colour, some colours are a tenner cheaper, for some reason. probably not worth getting a colour you hate to save £10, but if you don't care, you might as well save it, kind of thing. i've seen them slightly cheaper elsewhere, too, if they price match. they don't seem to have any of the higher pacificas, unfortunately.

do you need to get an amp too?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I know I'll probably get flamed for this, but get a Jackson JS30 Dinky. It's pretty nice for the money. Jackson CVR pickups, which aren't terrible, and a Jackson JT580 Licensed Floyd Rose. Although, on your website, it says Seymour Duncan pickups, but it doesn't have those. It's a pretty nice guitar though. Good for Rock, and some Metal.
Quote by Dave_Mc
ok... looking at what's available there, my guess is that the yamaha pacifica 112v would be a decent choice. if you aren't too choosy on colour, some colours are a tenner cheaper, for some reason. probably not worth getting a colour you hate to save £10, but if you don't care, you might as well save it, kind of thing. i've seen them slightly cheaper elsewhere, too, if they price match. they don't seem to have any of the higher pacificas, unfortunately.

do you need to get an amp too?

I'll probably buy one seperatly.

as much as i love shepard fairey's artwork, i dont think it should be on guitars, i personally would save up or see if i could stretch the budget and get like an rg 321 or something
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by projectsome
I'll probably buy one seperatly.

good call, i'd definitely avoid a starter pack as the amps tend to be terrible. how much do you have for the amp?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
good call, i'd definitely avoid a starter pack as the amps tend to be terrible. how much do you have for the amp?

As I'm buying it seperately I'll budget a furher £100. I've not bought an amp seperate before. my last guitar came with one.

ok, i'd probably get a roland microcube for the stuff you play. if you can stretch another £20 or so, a roland cube 30x would be worth considering as well (the cube 15x and 20x aren't as good as either the microcube or 30x, as they don't have the amp models, which are why i'm recommending the amp in the first place).

basically depends- the micro is cool for practice, and you can carry it around with you as it can also run on batteries (say if you fancy playing out in the garden or something, i dunno ). However, it doesn't have as many amp models as the 30x, and the 30x will get louder and sound a bit bigger- it might be loud enough for a jam with friends too, kind of thing.

the peavey vypyrs are meant to be quite nice too, but i haven't been able to try them yet.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I can vouch for the Vintage V100 as been suggested, and for around £80 you could get a second hand Roland Cube 30 amp. Best setup available to you, in my opinion.
Quote by Horlicks
Buy Blue_Strat's used Washburn X50 Pro for £250.

it's not available at the store i'm buying from.

Quote by projectsome
the shop I'm getting my guitar from has
the followi roland amp

http://www.reverb-store.co.uk/product-detail.asp?prod=2266

they had a cheaper one and a bass amp

that's quite a lot for what is (as far as i'm aware- i haven't tried it, so i could be wrong) a glorified microcube. Unless you need the ability to run on batteries, you can get the roland cube 30x from that reverb store (online, anyway) for £10 cheaper.

the big problem with the roland cubes is that you have to be very careful which model you buy, as some are a lot better than the others. The 15x and 20x don't have the amp models, so i'd seriously suggest avoiding both of those. The microcube, cube30x and cube 60x are good, and that one you linked to is probably good too, just quite expensive when you can get the cube 30x for £10 less.

http://www.reverb-store.co.uk/product-detail.asp?prod=2256 (there's a link to the cube 30x- maybe they could get one in for you, or something)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?