Hey, i'm looking to get a new guitar. At the moment i have a epiphone elitist, and i like it a lot. Right now i'm looking at a shecter hellraiser or and esp ltd ec-1000 i'm stuck and can't decide on which one to get.

asildxsts
well you have a name brand guitar versus to entry level (budget) type guitars. i say go schecter. if you want an esp buy an esp not a ltd. if you want a gibson, buy a gibson not an epiphone. both are nice guitars but are the squires of the brand. go schecter.
Quote by jymellis
well you have a name brand guitar versus to entry level (budget) type guitars. i say go schecter. if you want an esp buy an esp not a ltd. if you want a gibson, buy a gibson not an epiphone. both are nice guitars but are the squires of the brand. go schecter.

Epiphone Elitist >>>>>>>>> Gibson.

Epiphone Elitist = Gibson Custom Shop.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
headstock says from factory ephiphone=epiphone

headstock from factory says gibson=gibson.

if it where in fact a gibson it would say it. think of it this way, they could get another 250.00 out of it by slapping the gibson name on it. but its not a gibson, its an epiphone. its like saying a squire is a made in usa fender. its not.
Quote by jymellis

really not true

the quality level between LTD and ESP is nothing like the gap between Gibson and Epiphone or Fender and Squier

I would say probably go for the LTD but you would be better trying both of them out since Schecters have a much bigger neck profile than a lot of "metal"-oriented brands
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Dopey_Trout
really not true

the quality level between LTD and ESP is nothing like the gap between Gibson and Epiphone or Fender and Squier

I would say probably go for the LTD but you would be better trying both of them out since Schecters have a much bigger neck profile than a lot of "metal"-oriented brands

I totally agree. I myself have a LTD DJ600 but that is like top of the line LTD's. Costing over £900 and having EMG's 81's and 85's kinda throws your whole theory out the window lmao.
Quote by Dopey_Trout
really not true

then why exactly is there 2 seperate lines from 1 company? if it where an esp or the quality of an esp it wouldnt say ltd. if the company your buying your guitar from wont even put its true name, without a ltd or epiphone on it. that means it doesnt meet the quality standards to be the actual name brand.
Quote by jymellis
headstock says from factory ephiphone=epiphone

headstock from factory says gibson=gibson.

if it where in fact a gibson it would say it. think of it this way, they could get another 250.00 out of it by slapping the gibson name on it. but its not a gibson, its an epiphone. its like saying a squire is a made in usa fender. its not.

However, in terms of build quality, tone, and playability, Epiphone Elitists are widely accepted as being as good as if not better than most Gibson standard models. These days, Gibson isn't living up to the QC expectations that they've built up and depending on people to buy their guitars simply because they say Gibson. Give me an Elitist any day over anything except what was previously mentioned, a Gibson Custom Shop guitar.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Epiphone's Standard/Custom quality is far greater than that of a Gibson Studio model these days, quite often a Standard too.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by P-Bass Pirate
However, in terms of build quality, tone, and playability, Epiphone Elitists are widely accepted as being as good as if not better than most Gibson standard models. These days, Gibson isn't living up to the QC expectations that they've built up and depending on people to buy their guitars simply because they say Gibson. Give me an Elitist any day over anything except what was previously mentioned, a Gibson Custom Shop guitar.

i agree to an extent. im a die hard ibby fan. have been since i first played one in the early mid 80s. but i wouldnt spend a dime on the newer ones.
...And getting back to TS' original point, he already has the Elitist. My advice to him would be to try both of them out and find which one he is most comfortable with and likes the tone/looks of the best.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE