Page 4 of 8
I've been working on some blogs on how to mod your profile, but in an easy step-by-step way for people who find this thread a little confusing. Here's the links:

● Profile Modding For Dummies (The Introduction)

● Profile Modding For Dummies (Pt. 1)

● Profile Modding For Dummies (Pt. 2)

● Profile Modding For Dummies (Pt. 3)
<--- Craig: Guy With Best Username Ever
Quote by Primus2112
\m/[-_-]\m/

lulz, best name ever.

Quote by herby190
TS, your username is really difficult to type, so I'm just going to refer to you as Craig from now on. Okay? Okay.
Last edited by \m/[-_-]\m/ at Jul 6, 2009,
Quote by ctb

Great job!

EDIT: Post #123. WOO.

Thanks! Part 3 should be coming out this week. It'll be the last part in the series.

EDIT: Part 3 is out now!!!
Quote by Primus2112
\m/[-_-]\m/

lulz, best name ever.

Quote by herby190
TS, your username is really difficult to type, so I'm just going to refer to you as Craig from now on. Okay? Okay.
Last edited by \m/[-_-]\m/ at Jul 6, 2009,
Quote by fattestpenguin
are there any websites known to make premade UG profile layouts?

nope. well at least i highly doubt it.
Quote by Primus2112
\m/[-_-]\m/

lulz, best name ever.

Quote by herby190
Quote by texico11
Hey. I've come back with a new pimped profile, brilliant thread

But I have a few problems. If you look on the profile page, there are still one or two random yellow texts, for example my status, and the "time" indicators on my MP3 tracks, and I can't find the code that deals with it . Also, my inactive tabs seem to be "hovering, and both these problems are bugging me.

Help would be appreciated

Regarding the yellow texts, I don't think it's possible to change that. I've never seen any profile with other colours, at least. (You should probably wait for someone that hasn't leeched off ctb for his entire modding experience, though )

The inactive tab is for some reason supposed to look like that, it annoys the living heck out of me too

Also, that's an epic background

MushroomEDIT: Regarding your first post, yes you can add an animated .GIF. But you can't stick more than one image in the different parameters.

But you can do like I did (which I pretty much copied from ZeGuitarist), and create a background like this: http://i42.tinypic.com/2rqhx52.jpg (from ZeGuitarist's profile). You can see how he then filled both the left and right side of the top parameter with only one picture.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Last edited by MushroomBomb at Jul 28, 2009,
Quote by texico11
A few question:

Is it possible to fill the whole background (the frontal part, not the sides) with a single "wallpaper"? Do I just center the image? I'm about to experiment.

And also, does this respond to .GIF? Can I Animate, for example, the sides, by linking it to a .GIF image?
Yeah, should be possible. Good luck with that. It probably won't go to plan. (If I tried anyway. But I'm fussy. :p) It might overlap parts where you don't want it to be.

GIFs should work.
Quote by texico11
Finally, can I stick more than one image in the different parameters of the profile? So, in the background, I could stick one image at the bottom left, one at the bottom right, etc? ZeGuitarists example only shows one image for every element section.

TY
Proabaly not. People aren't allowed to use a position code, and a couple of other codes after the UG team stopped people linking code sheets they uploaded from sites.
^^^ texico11:

your profile is AMAZING
Quote by Primus2112
\m/[-_-]\m/

lulz, best name ever.

Quote by herby190
Quote by texico11
By the way, what is the deal with copyrights regarding the profiles? Several people have used photos for there profile, including ZeGuitarist. If I made a bunch of profiles on various theme to let others use, what would the deal be?

/knows little about the legal situation regarding images.
I'm sure there's not a problem with it, if people are getting the pictures from Google Images or whatever anyway.

Nice lightning theme!
What would I need to write to put this http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/arpeggi/londoncalling.jpg as my profile background? I have already tried but can't get it right.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
When I try that, it comes up with the "this has been deleted" sing from photobucket, and if I replace the html with a different one it's just black

:¬|
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
<style type="text/css"><!-- body {backgound: url(http://api.ning.com/files/lLDTSroqpU1-HRRspOnv-bkJIYnVVbicUm-8M9cpORugj4MYJIa0D7buMs86XizR-yvt2W1mHRYP5uRT7xhlPpi1**JSHN8L/RainbowPeaceSign.jpg)} --></style>

what am i doing wrong that this doesnt work

EDIT: i got it, ctb should but that semicolons are needed in the posts, save alot of confusion.

but another ?... can you html groups

and how do you get rid of the outlines for the center background
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Last edited by Aerokizzombie at Aug 12, 2009,
Shame about ctb, probably could've helped me out here..

Today I started modding my profile ;

http://tinyurl.com/mkpv5m

There are few questions I have though.

How do I get the bit that says 'About Don_Humpador' to have a blue border like the rest of it?See how it's blue for about 90%, but only that top bit is grey? I'm sure it's in there somewhere but amidst the mire of code...

Is it possible to change the yellow text? I read the thread here but couldn't find an answer.

Can I remove the underscores/underlines on the 'All Posts/Threads by..' ? Same thing goes for UG groups bit, I had a look but couldn't find any script that said 'text-decoration; underline'...?

How do I fix my name in the top right-hand corner to stay the same size? I don't remember editing it at all, but when I hover over it, it gets several pixels larger.. Bugging the hell out of me.

Thanks, and cheers for the guide, I needed to spruce up my profile

Edit : I can't get pictures to work I have the right code, I'm using Tinypic, it's the right size..
Last edited by Don_Humpador at Aug 13, 2009,
its there anyway to make the About me, Comments, etc. clear...

Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
Buckcherry
The Answer

Quote by Don_Humpador
How do I get the bit that says 'About Don_Humpador' to have a blue border like the rest of it?See how it's blue for about 90%, but only that top bit is grey? I'm sure it's in there somewhere but amidst the mire of code...

It's one of these two codes: (can't remember which one)

DIV.info_ot {background: url(URL) #COLOR}

DIV.info_ot_s {background: url(URL) #COLOR}

Quote by Don_Humpador

Is it possible to change the yellow text? I read the thread here but couldn't find an answer.

Not at the moment. I'm trying to find the code for that.

Quote by Don_Humpador

Can I remove the underscores/underlines on the 'All Posts/Threads by..' ? Same thing goes for UG groups bit, I had a look but couldn't find any script that said 'text-decoration; underline'...?

Press: Control and F and then type in underline. Once you find it, backspace it and type in none.

Quote by Don_Humpador

How do I fix my name in the top right-hand corner to stay the same size? I don't remember editing it at all, but when I hover over it, it gets several pixels larger.. Bugging the hell out of me.

I see what you mean but I can't remember the code this second, but once I do, I'll post it here.
Quote by Primus2112
\m/[-_-]\m/

lulz, best name ever.

Quote by herby190
[quote="'\m/[-_-"]\m/']It's one of these two codes: (can't remember which one)

DIV.info_ot {background: url(URL) #COLOR}

DIV.info_ot_s {background: url(URL) #COLOR}

Thanks for that

I did try the find idea but it didn't occur to me that because it's in the editing window, doing a find on it wouldn't work, so I had to copy it out into TextEdit before finding that rogue 'Underline'.

Quote by geanes
how do you put you tube videos in your profile?

Go to the YouTube video you want to embed into your profile, on the right hand side near the video description there are two links, one saying URL and the other Embed. Copy the Embed code and post it into the 'About me & Interests' section of your profile
Quote by Don_Humpador
Thanks for that

I did try the find idea but it didn't occur to me that because it's in the editing window, doing a find on it wouldn't work, so I had to copy it out into TextEdit before finding that rogue 'Underline'.

Go to the YouTube video you want to embed into your profile, on the right hand side near the video description there are two links, one saying URL and the other Embed. Copy the Embed code and post it into the 'About me & Interests' section of your profile

cool thanks
Quote by Aerokizzombie
is there anyway to make the About Me, Comments, etc. clear...

??? explain
Quote by Primus2112
\m/[-_-]\m/

lulz, best name ever.

Quote by herby190
How does one change the font of everything that is not written in by yourself? Blogs, All Posts, Gear Pictures, UG Groups, etc.
Also, how do I get rid of the line underneath links?
Quote by AngryGoldfish
How does one change the font of everything that is not written in by yourself? Blogs, All Posts, Gear Pictures, UG Groups, etc.

Change all of these:
font: Verdana;

into these:
font: PUTANYFONTINHERE;

(For a list of fonts that work with HTML, open Microsoft Word and look at the fonts in there. The fonts that work with Microsoft Word work with HTML.)

Quote by AngryGoldfish
Also, how do I get rid of the line underneath links?

Change all of these:
text-decoration: underline;

into these:
text-decoration: none;
Quote by Primus2112
\m/[-_-]\m/

lulz, best name ever.

Quote by herby190
uhh.. how do i make an avatar and that status thing(example:^pit enthusiast) under my username? and add the text beneath my post( ex:^washed away(in a sea of hopless faces))?
sorry if this isnt the right thread, but if anyone could help out that'd be excelent.
go to the forums then control panel (under where it says ugcommunity > *forum)
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
Buckcherry
The Answer

Quote by Aerokizzombie
go to the forums then control panel (under where it says ugcommunity > *forum)

this
Quote by Primus2112
\m/[-_-]\m/

lulz, best name ever.

Quote by herby190
Quote by CrimsonBizzare
Yeah, too bad ctb's gone

he's still around. i've been PMing him and he occasionally posts on the forums.
Quote by Primus2112
\m/[-_-]\m/

lulz, best name ever.

Quote by herby190
Hi all!

The UG Profile Mod thread has been renewed! The old thread has become obsolete since the banning of the use of css stylesheets to modify profile pages... So, a lot of the info in the old thread became useless, and the useful info that remained is scattered all over a huge thread! So, we decided it was time for a new thread... The one and only Official UG Profile Mod Thread, version 2!

So, with the banning of css sheets, all there’s left for us to modify our profiles with is HTML! So, for all of you users who want to pimp their profile, but don’t know how: everything you need to know about HTML and profile modding will be collected in this thread!
--------------------------------
Tummy Tuck
Indiana injury attorneys
Hey.

I customised my profile using Internet Explorer a while ago and it looks fine on it. But I'm using Firefox now, and some of the background codes for the grey stripey areas and stuff aren't working on it. How do I change that?

Thanks.
XIAOXI
What code do I use to change the border of the "About Me" section, and the other borders like it.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by kumargowda1983
Hi all!

The UG Profile Mod thread has been renewed! The old thread has become obsolete since the banning of the use of css stylesheets to modify profile pages... So, a lot of the info in the old thread became useless, and the useful info that remained is scattered all over a huge thread! So, we decided it was time for a new thread... The one and only Official UG Profile Mod Thread, version 2!

So, with the banning of css sheets, all there’s left for us to modify our profiles with is HTML! So, for all of you users who want to pimp their profile, but don’t know how: everything you need to know about HTML and profile modding will be collected in this thread!

Welcome to a year ago.

Quote by Abunai X
Hey.

I customised my profile using Internet Explorer a while ago and it looks fine on it. But I'm using Firefox now, and some of the background codes for the grey stripey areas and stuff aren't working on it. How do I change that?

Thanks.

Switch some the the nonworking codes around in your full HTML code. I don't know why it works, but it does.

Quote by biga29
What code do I use to change the border of the "About Me" section, and the other borders like it.

I can't find this code even though I know that I have it. Try using one of these:
.b1 {border: solid 1px #COLOR}
.b2 {border: solid 1px #COLOR}
.b3 {border: solid 1px #COLOR}
.b4 {border: solid 1px #COLOR}
.b5 {border: solid 1px #COLOR}
.b6 {border: solid 1px #COLOR}

(Once I find the right code, I'll be sure to post it here)
Quote by Primus2112
\m/[-_-]\m/

lulz, best name ever.

Quote by herby190
[a href=”www.ultimate-guitar.com”]Hello![/a]

How come that didn't work?
What is this that stands before me?

Figure in black that points at me...

FUCKETH THINE SELF
Quote by Argonaut

I don't think you can do HTML in sigs, just click the "Insert Hyperlink" button, then type use that, or type what you the word/phrase you want to be the link, then highlight it, and click the "Insert Hyperlink" button and type in the link.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by Argonaut

MushroomEDIT: You're just using the wrong... openers/enders or whatever they're called. You'll have to use < or > instead of [ or ].

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Last edited by MushroomBomb at Sep 28, 2009,
How does one edit group profiles? Is it possible?

Also, can someone give me the basic code of a UG profile?

I foolishly tried to embed 2 videos (big mistake) on my profile and found the "hard work" I'd done to sexify my profile was wiped out. And I can't be arsed to copy every line so.. Please?
Quote by Don_Humpador
How does one edit group profiles? Is it possible?

Also, can someone give me the basic code of a UG profile?

I foolishly tried to embed 2 videos (big mistake) on my profile and found the "hard work" I'd done to sexify my profile was wiped out. And I can't be arsed to copy every line so.. Please?

Editing group profiles use the same codes as member profiles, just pop it in at the bottom of the 'long' about this group box.

The entire code to ZeGuitarist's profile is at the bottom of the first or second post in this thread, it should do wonders

I did the same thing when I tried popping in three YouTube videos on my profile, but I just took it as an opportunity to make a newer, even better profile

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Quote by MushroomBomb
Editing group profiles use the same codes as member profiles, just pop it in at the bottom of the 'long' about this group box.

The entire code to ZeGuitarist's profile is at the bottom of the first or second post in this thread, it should do wonders

I did the same thing when I tried popping in three YouTube videos on my profile, but I just took it as an opportunity to make a newer, even better profile