Page 5 of 8
Hey do any of you studs know how to make the background image on your profile scroll with the page? Like right now I have a background that repeats, but is there a way to get it to just follow the window? You know what I'm talking about, right?
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Hey do any of you studs know how to make the background image on your profile scroll with the page? Like right now I have a background that repeats, but is there a way to get it to just follow the window? You know what I'm talking about, right?

Not possible as far as I know, but you could possibly remake the picture to just be really long, if you know what I mean, to get the transitions a bit smoother. That's really all I can think of.

MushroomEDIT: Alternatively, I can do it for you if you PM me the picture, in case you didn't understand exactly what I meant.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Last edited by MushroomBomb at Oct 9, 2009,
Quote by MushroomBomb
Not possible as far as I know, but you could possibly remake the picture to just be really long, if you know what I mean, to get the transitions a bit smoother. That's really all I can think of.

MushroomEDIT: Alternatively, I can do it for you if you PM me the picture, in case you didn't understand exactly what I meant.

Nah, I know what you meant. It's a big picture, so i just wanted it to scroll. When it repeats it slows the page down, but whatevs. Not a big deal. Thanks .
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by ctb
Try background-attachment: fixed.
I think it's worked for me.

Hey, whats the code to change the little border surrounding my profile pic.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by JohnMayer4Mayor
I dont understand thing about how this works! could someone help?

Take a look at this guy's blog, it's a step-by-step guide to basic profile modification. Once you've got your head wrapped around it, you should be able to understand this thread a whole lot better

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Quote by biga29
Hey, whats the code to change the little border surrounding my profile pic.
I don't think so. So many things you can't change.
Quote by ctb
I don't think so. So many things you can't change.

Ahh . Well what about the one for the background?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by biga29
Ahh . Well what about the one for the background?

The background for your profile picture? That would be this:

.pic {background: url(URL) #COLOR; no-repeat;padding:10px;margin-bottom:15px}

You'll have to use a picture that's 269x332 pixels large though.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

How do you place text in for a link url? Mostly seen in signatures, I want to put a link to my threads in my sig but the link isnt the url, it would read "Check out my Custom Frankenstrat Project"? You click it and it goes to the thread?

hey, n00bs need help too
Quote by jimmy_neutron
Check out my Custom Frankenstrat Project

just take out the spaces in the parts

that help?

thank you kind sir.
Quote by .:.MetaLLIcA.:.
How do you place text in for a link url? Mostly seen in signatures, I want to put a link to my threads in my sig but the link isnt the url, it would read "Check out my Custom Frankenstrat Project"? You click it and it goes to the thread?

hey, n00bs need help too

Check Out my Custom Frankenstrat Project
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by flaphead325
Hey does it works for band profiles? If I put it in the Billboard for example

Nope, just tried it. Unfortunately.

MushroomEDIT: Well, it might work, we just haven't figured out how yet.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Last edited by MushroomBomb at Oct 22, 2009,
Quote by flaphead325
Just tried, it actually works!

Care to enlighten me as to how? I hardly even tried, I just tested the regular parameters, but nothing came up

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Well, I did a simple code, which concerned the background mostly and it worked, but then i tried to modify other things, and it crashed.

You can take code example at the begining, this one works.

Here is mine:

<style type="text/css">
<!-- body {background: 
url(http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/flaphead325/Sanstitre-8.jpg) 
no-repeat #FFF;} 
.bl {background: #000} 
td {height: 100%} 
.m {background: #000} --></style>

I pasted it in the billboard. Here's the result : http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/wreckplus/
Last edited by flaphead325 at Nov 2, 2009,
Quote by flaphead325
Well, I did a simple code, which concerned the background mostly and it worked, but then i tried to modify other things, and it crashed.

You can take code example at the begining, this one works.

Here is mine:

<style type="text/css">
<!-- body {background:
url(http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/flaphead325/Sanstitre-8.jpg)
no-repeat #FFF;}
.bl {background: #000}
td {height: 100%}
.m {background: #000} --></style>

I pasted it in the billboard. Here's the result : http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/wreckplus/

Oh right, it probably just malfunctioned because I was trying to do some parameters that didn't work.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

I accept with information:.cnt {font: bold 10px Verdana; color: #707070; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: none; text-decoration: none;} - Links in contact box. "More pictures..." link.
A.cnt:hover {font: bold 10px Verdana; color: #707070; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: none; text-decoration: none;} - Hover effect
A.me {font: bold 10px Verdana; color: #707070; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: none; text-decoration: none;} - View all MP3s link; Gear pics link; View all comments link
A.me:hover {font: bold 10px Verdana; color: #707070; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: none; text-decoration: none;} - Hover effect
this is gonna sound dumb but... how do i change my vatar? i got my old on of blink and want a better one and cant find where/how to do it... please pm me

thanks Antonvrg
Where can you save the settings gus it is always gone when i go to my profiele indexx
Please help me
Grunge is my life
Where can you save it gus when i go to profile index it's gone
Grunge is my life
Quote by Dusky
Where can you save it gus when i go to profile index it's gone

What do you mean? (yea thats right, bitches. im back )
<--- Craig: Guy With Best Username Ever
Quote by Primus2112
\m/[-_-]\m/

lulz, best name ever.

Quote by herby190
TS, your username is really difficult to type, so I'm just going to refer to you as Craig from now on. Okay? Okay.
[quote="'\m/[-_-"]\m/'] What do you mean? (yea thats right, bitches. im back )
I typ evrything and then when i go back to my profile index it's all gone
Grunge is my life
Quote by Dusky
I typ evrything and then when i go back to my profile index it's all gone

When you're done with all the info, you have to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the 'Save info' button. I kinda failed on the same thing first time I tried modding my profile

S t a i r s s r i a t S

yes if you are making changes with your profile and want to see it also then you have to save it before going to your homepage or etc.
Hi guys. Can someone take a look at my profile and tell me what code I need to add or edit in order to change the still yellow text on the left hand column? You know, the Favorite bands, books, movies, etc. And also, the number of music gear I have, and the number of comments on my page?

Thanks in advance! <3
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
No one?
Portugal. The Man »–
Well, after talking with a few people, I'm starting to think those things can't be changed. So, darn.
Portugal. The Man »–
I know I'm a bit late (sorry, I have to use a different e-mail for UG, I hardly ever remember to check for notifications to this thread), but it's possible. But the way I've done it, which might be the only way to change it, is changing all the writing.

If you look at my profile, you'll see that it's all the same colour, all the writing. I just don't think it can be done individually.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

earlier 2day when i logged on to my profile to find it said i had 0 friends this doesnt make any sense as when i click on it it links me to a page where it saya i have 190 friends and 9 close friends

how can this b fixed as now i apparently have no friends on ug when i do
Sarcasm is beautiful, think about it.
ive been trying to get a cool profile bachground, text colour and all and i tried a lot... i read these HTML-blogs for like 2 hours and i cant figure it out. that takes u guys just 2 mins, so im just playing the stupid, ignorant guy and ask: can some1 send me a HTML for black background and full dark-red text? im dying to get it!
Wow, just reading the first page I feel like I need a girlfriend. oh wait, I got one. hehe

But you guys have awesome UG profiles, so you win.
This is why we can't have nice things!
Hey guys! Long time since I posted here.

I just gave my profile a makeover, but some elements aren't quite doing what I want them to do. As has been said before in this thread, some parts of text stay orange, and there are no tags in the OP that tells me how to change their colors... However, I think there HAVE to be tags for them. Here's why:

* {color: #ffffff}

When I use this code, it changes a whole bunch of text elements to white, including the orange ones that were thought to be unchangable. So I could just use this one for my profile, you're maybe thinking, but unfortunately the code also changes a whole bunch of elements that I DON'T want changed.

But like I said, I think the above code proves that there's got to be a tag somewhere for those orange text bits (seeing as the "*" affects all existing tags). Right? Can somebody have a look?

... Clifford?

Cheers!
Hey ZeG. Liking the blue theme (and the super-awesome pictures ). What exact parts do you want to have in a different colour? There are some bits that we (we meaning Clifford and myself ) haven't found parameters for yet (I think), but I might be able to help you.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Thanks! ^^

Well it's the orange bits that really stand out against the rest of the blue-themed profile, such as:
- My status (currently "Turned off Meebo, it sucks.")
- "ZeGuitarist has 5 pieces of equipment"
- "ZeGuitarist has posted 28 blogs total"
- "ZeGuitarist is rated as advanced guitar player."
- Favourite bands, Favourite guitarists, etc.
- "ZeGuitarist has 203 friends"
- "Displaying 1 to 20 of 1278 comments total"
- "ZeGuitarist is ranked #202 contributor among all users."
- "ZeGuitarist has made 27 contributions to the site total"

All those are affected by the "*" code that I posted before. Would be awesome if I could change these. ^^

ZEDIT: Btw, my avatar will soon be following the blue trend.
Last edited by ZeGuitarist at Mar 12, 2010,