well, ive got €350 to spend from xmas and my birthday, so i want to get a new amp.
i play mostly stuff like RATM, iron maiden, AC/DC, RHCP, metallica, nickleback, linkin park, lenny kravitz, good charlotte etc etc etc, hope to maybe progress onto some heavier stuff like trivium, killswitch in a few years when im a bit better.

i want something capable of band playing, preferably 100W or so.

i've found an MG100DFX for €340, an AD100VT-XL(hybrid version) for €360 and the standard AD100VT for €400.

however i've been told in the amp QandA thread that the MG's are heaps of junk, but i wouldnt know,

which one should i get? i need something that will last at least a few years, and i need a good distortion sound.

thanks in advance dude(ette)s
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
if it is strictly down to those 2 amps get the Vox for shure.

i take it you gig?

are you buying on line?

Dave MC would be good to talk to as well as I believe he is from Ireland and is into similar music.

ok but between the voxs, should i get the standard or XL?

i dont gig yet, but we plan to start this summer.

i posted in the Q&A thread, and he asked how much i'd need the vintage rock sound and how much i'd need a modern metal sound, which is about 50/50

i'm not looking for absolute perfection here, im on a tight budget, i just want something that will do the job reasonably well for a few years.
Quote by stringsquealer
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E

Then get the Vox but don't get the XL version. That's strictly an opinion. I'm not a valvetronix fan and I played one again last night, but there are plenty of people that love 'em.

Vypyr might suit you too, but again I'm not a fan.

SuperChamps I'm a fan of, but not sure if you would like it or whats available.

can you go play these somewhere?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Then get the Vox but don't get the XL version. That's strictly an opinion. I'm not a valvetronix fan and I played one again last night, but there are plenty of people that love 'em.

Vypyr might suit you too, but again I'm not a fan.

SuperChamps I'm a fan of, but not sure if you would like it or whats available.

can you go play these somewhere?

why not? whats the tone like on the XL compared to the normal?

cant play them, he has to order them in and he wants a deposit for that
Quote by stringsquealer
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E

come on people i need some more opinions, my mom needs a decision by tomorrow morning.
Quote by stringsquealer
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E