hi bassists, i need some help please, i am auditioning for a place at a collage and need to play to a grade four standard (i can play this but i will not be able to learn a really hard one in time) so if you could recommend a song thats about that level and pretty slow i would be very grateful, thankyou, Joe
i tried out for grade five, and a lot of that stuff is really similar to the slower chili peppers songs, like otherside or scar tissue
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
metallica songs like one or the unforgiven, cemetery gates pantera that sort of level
hi guys thankyou for the advice so far which songs out of the following would you recommend, judging on difficulty, impressiveness ect bearing in mind i need to be able to play it by the 22nd

one - metallica

the unforgiven - metallica

for whom the bell tolls (aswell as intro bass solo) - metallica

if you could reply soon i would be very grateful
It'd play "for whome the bells tolls"... get a nice bit of wah for the solo at the start and the intro and then get into the main riff with some distortion.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Quote by Daniel8488
It'd play "for whome the bells tolls"... get a nice bit of wah for the solo at the start and the intro and then get into the main riff with some distortion.

+1
right well say i do for whom the bell tolls, a few questioons if you do not mind

1. will it be hard enough, it needs to be the equivelent of rock school grade 4

2 . i do not own a bass distortion pedal or wah wah pedal my brother said i could use his (guitar) will they be okay

thankyou very much for your help guys it is much appreciated
Actually, I despite how easy the pieces you mentioned are, For Whom The Bell Tolls is ridiculously easy, if you use the album version.

Maybe the anaesthesia solo if your chops are up, or just the first half if they aren't.

A cello suit is another great choice. It may not be your normal sort of music, but they show skill, dexterity and that you are more than a metal head who got a bass to play along to CDs with, even if that is true.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Too much of one band/genre may be unwise, it shows that you just play what you play, instead of adapting and exploring new realms. This is what people want from their students, music or otherwise.

And I, for one, do not know the rock school grade system, so i have no idea what you are asking.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.