I thought I might aswell have a go at this. still need to finnish my semi hollow but this one shouldn't take long at all.

I already have the neck from my first guitar, It's maple with rosewood frerboard minus frets, so that will be the 1st job.

I'll probably reshape the head and refinnish the back of the neck with tung oil.

I'm planning on making a body out of a big cut off from an oak worktop, something like a soloist shape maybe, I want to try and make it light, so the body will need to be thin and will have a tummy cut and elbow contour. With an oil finnish.

I'll be getting new saddles for the bridge I have, and new tuners.

I think I have everything else I need, but I probably will get a new pickup at some point.

I'm aiming for something like this:

'
I won't be able to start on it till i get home from uni this saturday.

Matt
looks sick
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Looks good, but you're missing a pickup and the 7th string. Seriously though, looks good.
Haha thanks guys, I want to keep it as simple as possible, and hope to finnish it in the 3 weeks I have off.
I might. Could mean that the controll cavity needs to be larger to go nearer the edge of the body, which could reduce weight more. I'll see what happens when i get to that stage.
It's started. I've cut out the boy, routed the pickup hole and neck pocket and done the elbow contour, still need to tidy up some of the edges. I'm hoping to pretty much finnish the body by the end of the week.

Last edited by Pink_Zeppelin at Dec 21, 2008,
Nah, I want to keep it simple.

I've routed the control cavity and have dont the tummy cut and done some tidying up edges, I might do the neck screw holes and recess the neck plate later.

in the first picture above me is the curve uneven or is just the light messing with my head?
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
i wanna do a 100GPB but whenever i calculate everything it always comes up over 100$ lol, nice work on the body... and hurry up and post MOAR PICS!
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
100 GBP is about 150 USD. Do your sums again and give it a go! It's still difficult though, I've almost hit £100 already, and I got a body and neck for nothing. Beg, steal and borrow!

In fact, don't steal. That's illegal.
Quote by stuartm65
100 GBP is about 150 USD. Do your sums again and give it a go! It's still difficult though, I've almost hit £100 already, and I got a body and neck for nothing. Beg, steal and borrow!

In fact, don't steal. That's illegal.

Well, how much is it in Canadian dollars? i have 2 knockoff strats i can reap some parts off of, but im not sure my parents would be pleased with me re-painting them and spending money on e-bay... i had to get my moms permission just to think about buying my les paul lmao.. you think a 17 year old would have a longer leash?

and TS, sorry for jacking your thread
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
I love it.

I worry about the jack socket caving in. it happened to a freind's SG. I'd make it as thick as you can get it (by trial and error), or if you have any space once it's drilled slide a wide metal washer in.
I'll probably be working on the neck tomorow, so there will be more pics from that.

The control cavity isn't deep enough yet, I think i might have a longer router bit, will find out tomorow. but i will keep it as thick as I can. Havn't had any problems with my Epi SG yet though.

Just drilled holes for the neck screws, pickup and bridge screws, and holes for wires.
Almost done just need to do a little more sanding and then oil the body.

Refretted neck:

Mock up:

I'll be ordering tuners and a pickup after christmas.
nice, i like the grain on the firet board.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
wow, a 100 gbp build that actually counts as a build rather than a partscaster!

nice job so far, simplicity ftw!
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
It's finnished

Well almost, I ordered a steam hammer, new nut and tuners this morning, need to wait for them to arrive and install them, appart from that it's all done.

I'll take more pictures when it properly done.
All done now, It's been pretty cloudy so havn't been able to get decent pictures realy.

Overall I'm very pleased with it.
Hope you like it as much as i do
Nice build man, kudos on getting it all done for 100 quid.

How is she then?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
i think that the plug-spot looks weired but if you like it then good for you!

Saying that i like my inputs in the lower ot upper side of teh guitar.

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Thank you. I didn't want to paint it, Its more work and money and i like the look of the wood, even if it is lots of bits stuck together. And the jack socket is where it is, because i took the cavity cover off the old crappy MDF body the neck came with and it was just alot easier to do it like that.

I like the sound of it, the steam hammer is nice and hot, plays quite well and is fairly comfortable, my friend said it's realy heavy but i dont realy notice it.

Cost about £50 all together I think.
Nice work.

Personally I'm not a big fan of black knobs/hardware on a natural finish, but still, nice work!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Pink_Zeppelin

Cost about £50 all together I think.

! exellent work.
I would say I agree with Natrone about not liking black on natural, but with a dark rosewood neck like that (instead of maple) I think it provides nice contrast and looks pretty sweet. Of course, I always like an original design, too, so that's a plus to me
Quote by tjfishrocker
Coolcat i want to make love to you right now.

Quote by Natrone

Anyone else see the irony in smashing a guitar that says "peace and love" ?
Looks good. I like the body shape. It's strat-like, but not quite a strat copy. There's more body and less horns.
¤¤¤†¤¤¤

Quote by 'idioldude'

your a fucking retard i know how sinister is spelled but that is not how he spells his stage name it is synyster

Butthurt fanboys FTL
If you're going to make a body for yourself, you might aswell make it unique, its nice to think that no one in the world has a guitar exactly the same as yours.
The pickup doesnt come with a cover so it was either black or white, i might see what its like with chrome knobs, but it'd probably look worse if they didnt match.
Thanks for the praise.
Quote by skaterkevin87
Well, how much is it in Canadian dollars? i have 2 knockoff strats i can reap some parts off of, but im not sure my parents would be pleased with me re-painting them and spending money on e-bay... i had to get my moms permission just to think about buying my les paul lmao.. you think a 17 year old would have a longer leash?

and TS, sorry for jacking your thread

Thats what I'm doing...instead of selling my beginner's strap...i'm tearing it apart and making it into a EVH Frankenstrat

TS: your build is coming along great!
I LOVE this build, i think you honestly deserve to win.
Good Luck

Warp3r
Quote by will123456789

and mate: ure the first 08er to make me laugh kudos

Quote by Mr. La Fritz
Turn it off and on again.

^ Golden computer rule.

Quote by Spamwise
I've had a hooker die once. I love getting free stuff.