Page 1 of 5
Alright so I've heard about the stereotype of most punks hating sports.

but what I've realized is most punks that I know don't mind most sports (except baseball), and most of them like hockey alot. (myself included)

I for one love to play & watch hockey, but I can't see myself ever joining a team, cause when I play it's not really about winning or losing to me, it's just about ****ing around and having some fun.

From what you guys have seen is it just a stupid, untrue stereo type or is it true where you guys live?
im a hockey lovin punk listener. but i like almost all music. hockey and boxing are the only sports i like though. i am from sault ste marie so hockey is kinda a givin lol.
Sports suck. All that needs to be said.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
I don't like the role sports play in high schools and colleges. I don't like the way big name sports teams are run by big stupid billionaires and are basically just advertisements. I definitely don't like the Olympics because they're a symbol of western imperialism and globalization and cause gentrification and other problems in their host countries.

The sports themselves, I don't have a problem with. Running around and kicking a ball with some friends is a cool way to spend an afternoon.

We invented our own sport once with a DR Pepper bottle and a tree. That was a good day.
Quote by Swap-Meet
Alright so I've heard about the stereotype of most punks hating sports.

From what you guys have seen is it just a stupid, untrue stereo type or is it true where you guys live?
I must point out that this makes very little sense. It's not a "stereotype," it's just the way some punks feel.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by Swap-Meet
I can understand that they hate those stereotypical quarterbacks, but I've never been in a school with a football team so I never seen any of them.

my school didnt have football either
I hate watching football games, baseball is so ****in' lame
T.V. sports they all suck ****
Howard Cosell is a wimp

I hate sports, I hate sports

I hate watching baseball games, boxing is so ****in' lame
Ali and his old aged fame, yeah he's washed up, he's ****in' tame
Roma Lazio è merda!!!!

It's all about the Huntsville stars man. Montgomerry biscuits can kiss my ass.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by Manos15
I hate watching football games, baseball is so ****in' lame
T.V. sports they all suck ****
Howard Cosell is a wimp

I hate watching baseball games, boxing is so ****in' lame
Ali and his old aged fame, yeah he's washed up, he's ****in' tame

i think someone was always picked last at recess in this thread.
I never did like football or the jock mentality but I used to play soccer and I had a lot of fun doing that.

And I might give bike racing a shot in a year or so, although I'm just not a very competitive person.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
I think I used to be a decent soccer player, but most of the people had the physics of for example Brian, so I was a bit thin to play with all of the farmers, furthermore I couldn´t really get into all these brainless people, so I left the club.

Nowadays I don´t do any sports and I have a bad condition, but I´m still interested in it, but I agree that most sportsmen are idiots
There's an Anarchist soccer team here called Calgary Libre FC. I think more stuff like that would be cool.
no one wins in anarchist sports though.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by jymellis
i think someone was always picked last at recess in this thread.

Tell that to Kevin Seconds.

I'm actually a pretty good athlete. I played baseball through my childhood and up through most of high school.
I like Florida State football.

I like basketball.

I used to play soccer and I still enjoy it.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Kevin Seconds is pretty boring and lame. I mean, I don't know how anyone can claim to enjoy 7 Seconds.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like the role sports play in high schools and colleges..

Now that i can understand, organized sports teams for the most part are filled with obnoxiously competitive people.

when I play hockey, if you **** up a play no one bitches at you, they give you pointers on how to improve your game.

obviously you do want to win, but when you go to the park and play shinny, winning isn't what it's all about.
I don't mind sports. I just don't like the way people take it all way too seriously. It is like a religion to some people. Take my uncle, a Middlesbrough football fan, he gets severely depressed whenever they lose, and as they lose most weeks he's in a state of deep depression most of the time.
^
I can understand why he can get really annoyed when his team loses.

NHL players make much less than baseball, football, and basketball players. but they still get paid ridiculous amounts... In the summer 1 hockey player was offered 20 million dollars for a 2 year contract a stupidly high ammount of money. The least amount of money an NHL player can get signed for is 450,000$...still a ridiculously high amount of money.

The Montreal Canadiens are the most expensive team to see, and they sell out every game (they sold out the whole season the 1st day tickets went on sale)

the CHEAPEST ticket to see the canadiens play is 67$...and that's allllll the way up in the NHL's largest arena.

The average family is four people....so that's over 200$ just for the tickets.

when you're spending that much money on a hockey game and your team plays like absolute ****, and barely even tries of course you're gonna get pissed off.

It's like saying your a huge fan of Guns N roses or some other huge band, you pay 50-100$ to see them, and they absoloutely suck, how would you feel?
I like baseball. I played Little League back in the day. I don't follow MLB these days, but it's still fun to go to games every now and then.

Other sports, eh.

Quote by axeslash
Kevin Seconds is pretty boring and lame. I mean, I don't know how anyone can claim to enjoy 7 Seconds.

Indeed.
I'm 5'11 and weigh 120 pounds. I wasn't really built for most sports.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
I like playing sports with my friends, but I dislike the role they play in high schools and colleges.

Jack my swag
To those of yo who said baseball sucks....

YOU. ALL. FAIL.
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
I'm 5'8" and weigh ~170 pounds. Which isn't bad, but in my younger days I was always really chubby. :/
Meh, I always liked playing sports. If it's aerobic, I've probably done it at one point or another. There's no shame in staying in shape.

p.s. if Henry Rollins says it, it must be true.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
Quote by waterproofpie
p.s. if Henry Rollins says it, it must be true.

I'm more of a D. Boon kinda guy.
Quote by lavazza
I´ve always asked myself why people do something like aerobic, if it´s not to build up muscles or keep your weight, since there´s no fun in this..........it´s rather torturing

It's beyond me...

I hear methamphetamine is a good way to keep your weight down, and it seems like a lot more fun than running!
Quote by neidnarb11890
It's beyond me...

I hear methamphetamine is a good way to keep your weight down, and it seems like a lot more fun than running!

sorry it should have been after christina´s post.......it´s still a nice question.......I think I can sell my genetic material, since I eat what I want with much fat and oil and sugar and don´t do sports, but I´m still thin as a supermodel
I don't do any sports because they don't interest me. I do bike like at least 7 miles a day during the summer. In the winter I only bike on weekends.

As a result I have grotesquely muscular calves.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by lavazza
I´ve always asked myself why people do something like aerobic, if it´s not to build up muscles or keep your weight, since there´s no fun in this..........it´s rather torturing

running and other aerobic sports are the most efficient in losing weight and getting in shape.

I mean, I am a rare breed like really enjoys both weight training AND aerobics, so I don't have much room to talk. But I can see (and enjoy) the benefits of both.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
Quote by waterproofpie

running and other aerobic sports are the most efficient in losing weight and getting in shape.

I mean, I am a rare breed like really enjoys both weight training AND aerobics, so I don't have much room to talk. But I can see (and enjoy) the benefits of both.

ok I put it differently I think that in a purely hedonistic culture there wasn´t that much space for it, right?
I like football and boxing. I dont like the way football is right now, the premier league is a shambles, very few real fans can afford to go see their teams nowadays, and the clubs themselves focus on getting passionless, but big spending, tourists and corporates in.

Thats about it really.
Page 1 of 5