Just strung my guitar... I think I pulled the strings too tight before winding them around the peg, with a result that some are only wound once around, some maybe only 3/4ths. Is this bad?

This is for all my strings, my thick E string almost has almost no spare. I feel like it's going to come off when I tune it ...

Should I take off my other strings and wind them round the peg again? Or is it too late?
If you haven't cut them yet, you still can use them. If you cut them buy new ones.
Yeah, as long as you haven't cut the x-tra string off, you're okay, just take um off and put um back on.

But if you did cut them, well, you have to buy some new ones

You should probably have them wrapped around at least twice on all the strings, preferably a little more
i always go by a little thing my dad showed me. when you put the stirng on put it through the tuner then lift it off the fretboard a few inches and at that lenght start winding it. if i do that i usually get at least 3 or 4 winds around.

hopefully that wasent confusing. but yea if you cut them it might be a problem. if not just re-do it with more lenght

Gian
No if you still have string left you should be fine the extra string should wrap around when you tune
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by gian133
i always go by a little thing my dad showed me. when you put the stirng on put it through the tuner then lift it off the fretboard a few inches and at that lenght start winding it. if i do that i usually get at least 3 or 4 winds around.

hopefully that wasent confusing. but yea if you cut them it might be a problem. if not just re-do it with more lenght

Gian

ya when i tune mine i do the length of 2 of the winding things, think its easier to do than lifting it up although you can left it above the fret board
my first time stringing my guitar I did something like that I dont know how severe your case is though but mine was good enough to go I didnt trust drop tuning it to much but over time it seemed to get a little more around the peg from tuning it
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
I managed to wind 4 strings around the peg decently, the fifth one I was trying to straigthen a bit to get it back in and it snapped, but I had just enough spare to get it in now... Same with the thick E strings.
I'm just gonna leave them in standard tuning untill I get some new strings lol. And a pretty important question, could these strings shoot out of the peg and hit me in the eye or something? =-/