I just bought an Ibanez JS1200 at Auction for £520, however I can't make out what the trem is! I know it isn't an Edge Pro because that's in the case.
Could someone post pics of the Edge III up? I'm terrified to think someone's loaded this beast with an Edge III :|
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
it might just be a brand-x ibanez trem. it's a shame it didn't say in the description what kind it was
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
I believe I have a £1,200 JS1200CA with an EDGE III IN :O
so lucky I have the Edge Pro in the case, it's getting swapped ASAP

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez JS1200CA
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
are you sure it's a js1200?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
are you sure it's a js1200?

100% cause the previous owner has left the Edge Pro trem in the case
I checked the serial number on the neck plate on one of the Ibanez reg sites
and it says on the back of the headstock "Team J Craft made in Japan"
has Gotoh tuners, it's just the previous owner didn't know anything about Ibanez trems
any idea how much a trem replacement costs in GBP?
or is it easy to do myself?

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez JS1200CA
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
oh ok. yeah, that sounds like it's a js1200 (or at least one of the MIJ ones, which are the good ones).

i'm not sure why he swapped the trem... are the knife edges on the old one etc. ok? if it's ok, a trem replacement shouldn't cost that much to get done, it's just a matter of taking the old one out, putting the new one in and retuning and resetting the intonation etc. should cost more or less the same as a setup in a shop (i.e. £50 or less). if you can setup and tune/intonate a floyd from scratch, you should be able to do it yourself.

do the claw and/or studs need to be removed too?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
you need to post pics. that is the only way we can tell what kind of trem it is. i don't think the previous owner was stupid enough to swap an edge pro for an edge III. are you sure it isn't an original edge?

EDIT: i never thought i would see myself type this but...
Pics or it didn't happen
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
yeah, that could be it. doesn't satch still use the original edge? maybe the owner wanted to get it more like satch's.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i just noticed the TS's user title. he doesn't come off as a very good ibanez expert
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, that could be it. doesn't satch still use the original edge? maybe the owner wanted to get it more like satch's.

i know his guitars come with the lo-pro edge tremolo's. not the original edge's
Quote by ironman1478
i know his guitars come with the lo-pro edge tremolo's. not the original edge's

Satch has is signature guitars equipped with Original Edges. not lo-pros.
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock