Can someone please clear this up for me. Is the Super Champ XD All-tube because I went to Allegro and they said it was all-tube but some other people say it's not.
^Still the most tubey Hybrid ever, other than your old Music mans and Johnson Melleniums.

For cheap and for home uses id take it over alot of other tube amps and modelers.

Valveking, crate, a flexwave.

Its just so damn good for 300 bucks, the cleans are heavenly.
It is an all tube amp.

It has a secondary sound processor on it that modifies the signal if its turned on, kinda like a effects pedal.

I own one, and I love it.

-Edit-

It is plenty loud, and if not you can always mic it.
blues....
Quote by speckley
It is an all tube amp.

It has a secondary sound processor on it that modifies the signal if its turned on, kinda like a effects pedal.

I own one, and I love it.

-Edit-

It is plenty loud, and if not you can always mic it.

So if I have it on channel one it's all-tube?
it has a tube preamp and power amp, but the OD channel is digitally processed, sounds like crap if you ask me. I prefer just an overdriven tube sound, not a digital reproduction of that sound
Quote by MRAAJR
it has a tube preamp and power amp, but the OD channel is digitally processed, sounds like crap if you ask me. I prefer just an overdriven tube sound, not a digital reproduction of that sound

If I get the Super Champ I will most probably put a Jekyll and Hyde in front of it. Will it be an upgrade from my OHM SS amp (from 1970's I believe).
whats up with this whole digital is crap thing.

My friend last week trough a backyard gig ran a ME-50 trough guese what, a frieken 15 watt fender solid state, he sounded the ****.

He was doing Pepper, Sublime, and other ska punkish cover and originals that sounded ****ing amazing.

Digital stuff is a godsend to people who have talent but cant dish out thousands of dollars for equipement.
I'm might just go to allegro try it out a compare to some other amp and speak to the guy there about it.
I went into Guitar Center at lunch to play a Vypyr 30, and ended up playing this amp as well. I think my decision is made... Super Champ for me!

Any more thoughts on this little beauty would be appreciated.
^good man, you know tone.

All it needs is and OD infront of it and your set.

A speaker change would be great and tube swap after that and youll probly have one of the nicest little amps around.
It's not all tube, It's not all tube, It's not all tube, It's not all tube, It's not all tube.

No matter what channel, no matter if the effects are on or off, it's not all tube. Everything, even the clean voice, is generated by the onboard dsp thing, and it pisses me off when people say it's all tube without researching it or opening it up and looking at it.

TS, here's an overview of the circuit by bill m, who's a popular modder.
http://www.fenderforum.com/forum.html?db=&topic_number=654379

I have one, it's not all tube. Even the volume and tone controls are fed directly into the dsp.
That being said, it was the best practice amp I tried, and gets nice and loud if you need it to.

Just compare it to some other amps and see which is better, but don't get too hung up on the tube/not tube thing, go by what sounds best.
I just ordered my superchamp and ragin cajun speaker a few minutes ago

wooop
Quote by Boring Frog
^good man, you know tone.

All it needs is and OD infront of it and your set.

A speaker change would be great and tube swap after that and youll probly have one of the nicest little amps around.

If I do get the Super Champ I will most probably bnuy a Rajun Cajun and JJ tubes.
Quote by nixhex113
I just ordered my superchamp and ragin cajun speaker a few minutes ago

wooop

Where did you order the rajun cajun?
No, the SuperChamp XD is not all tube. The "preamp" tube in it is a phase inverter. That means it's just there to split the signal for the AB power section. Everything before the power section is solid state. That being said, I own one and love it, and I consider myself a "TUBE SNOB". What matters is what sounds good to you and what fits the bill of what YOU are looking for in an amp.

Just because something isn't all tube, doesn't mean it is a bad amp. Fender did an awesome job with this one. It's a great carry and go or bedroom practice amp.
Quote by Boring Frog
whats up with this whole digital is crap thing.

My friend last week trough a backyard gig ran a ME-50 trough guese what, a frieken 15 watt fender solid state, he sounded the ****.

He was doing Pepper, Sublime, and other ska punkish cover and originals that sounded ****ing amazing.

Digital stuff is a godsend to people who have talent but cant dish out thousands of dollars for equipement.

you got alot to learn my friend....
ya 311.. if i remember right, you were the first one to suggest the super champ to me. So i looked it up.. and look what happened

<3
I need to head to my local GC soon. They have a SuperChamp right next to a Blues Jr, and for Christmas I plan on getting an amp that is similar to the BJr (BH Handsome Devil).

This is actually really handy for me to know
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
I need to head to my local GC soon. They have a SuperChamp right next to a Blues Jr, and for Christmas I plan on getting an amp that is similar to the BJr (BH Handsome Devil).

This is actually really handy for me to know

i believe that the Handsome Devil is a bit different than the BJ. The Fender having abit more high-end and not as much gain