What chord are you meant to play when it says something like "f/d" or something. Should I be playing the first or second one?
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
You play the first chord with the second letter as the base note (so it's an inversion).

F/D would be F major with D in the bass.

I hope it isn't the other way around
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
You play the first chord, with the letter behind the slash being your substituted bass note.

So with a chord like D/F#, you would play a D chord but sneak in an F# below everything else.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by JamesDouglas
You play the first chord with the second letter as the base note (so it's an inversion).

F/D would be F major with D in the bass.

I hope it isn't the other way around

Lol

I'd like to add; Every inversion is a slash chord, but not every slash chord is an inversion.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
You play the first chord, with the letter behind the slash being your substituted bass note.

So with a chord like D/F#, you would play a D chord but sneak in an F# below everything else.
+1

Good to see ya around. Haven't seen you in here for a little while.

Quote by xxdarrenxx
Lol

I'd like to add; Every inversion is a slash chord, but not every slash chord is an inversion.
+1
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥