I think I may have gone beyond stupid here...

I bought a tuner for my acoustic guitar, but its an electric one and it works on vibration and not sound.

The tuner itself is good, but it seem to only have a standard EADGBE tuning method, and a slide on the side with(sorry for being idiotic here) labels a 'b' and something like a '#'.

Is there a way to tune a guitar to another tuning like drop D?

Thanks in advance!
Quote by ferdi-2
I think I may have gone beyond stupid here...

I bought a tuner for my acoustic guitar, but its an electric one and it works on vibration and not sound.

The tuner itself is good, but it seem to only have a standard EADGBE tuning method, and a slide on the side with(sorry for being idiotic here) labels a 'b' and something like a '#'.

Is there a way to tune a guitar to another tuning like drop D?

Thanks in advance!

Tune the E down a step.
the 'b' and '#' means flat and sharp. And yes, drop D is just E down one step (tune to your d string to get it right)
Is your tuner a pedal tuner?
Quote by vitchb
the 'b' and '#' means flat and sharp. And yes, drop D is just E down one step (tune to your d string to get it right)

Im pretty sure its one that you plug into using a cable from the guitar and runs on batteries. Not a pedal, one of the ones you get when first playing.
Well it may work without plugging it in, just make sure its close to your guitar when you're doing it, and some of them have a setting for either acoustic or electric so check that.
Quote by vitchb

No, it clips on at
the end of my guitar's neck.
It has 6 lights one for each string, but when I tune it down it shows the 6th string E to be off instead of being something else?
Press the flat button twice (it should/might show two flat symbols on the tuners screen)
and when you're at drop d, it'll say you're in proper E.

Uhh.. since I'm bad at explaining..
1. press flat button twice
2. Detune string until it says E

Okay, that might make more sense.

EDIT: for D standard, all strings are tuned with two flats, for drop c, all strings but the
low E are tuned with two flats and the low E is tuned with four flats.
Its a Cherub WST-550 -G, pretty basic in all ways.

@FA - it does't have buttons, it only slides up and down
Last edited by ferdi-2 at Dec 9, 2008,