Used ones that are at least a few years old that are bigger such as a dred or jumbo are usually louder. Cheaper too.
epiphone ej-200ce

"I have better things to do...
Like play with my balls."

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Buy a pick-up. If you have $700 get a Fishman. If you don't have a guitar, any electric/acoustic can get loud when plugged in.
High as tits
Larger body normally means more volume/projection. Just look for a Jumbo or Drednaught with a cutaway (The cutaway will reduce the volume, btw)
Gear

Gibson '57 Les Paul Reissue
Marshall TSL 601
EHX: Big Muff, Metal Muff, Small Stone, POG, 2880
Ibanez TS808
Voodoo Labs Microvibe
Analogman Chorus
Morley Bad Horsie II
Keeley Compressor (C4)
Nova Delay
MXR 10-band EQ
Why do you want loud? If you want loud, just amplify it. Buy a guitar that sounds good first. All out loudness is a crappy criterion for buying a guitar.
im a big fan of ovations, even though there isn't a cutaway... i'll still recommend one to you. You can get a really nice celebrity model for maybe 5-600 on musicians friend
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
A Super Jumbo of some sort will be loud. Generally, the bigger the guitar, the more volume. Of course, it depends on the build quality as well. My suggestion is the Seagull Coastline Spruce Mini Jumbo
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
The loudness of a guitar really depends on the quality of the wood. Wood gets harder as it ages.. it warps, twists, and sets into its final shape. The real way to get a loud guitar is to either expose your acoustic to the elements, and let the wood harden, or find an older guitar..
Quote by balrock043
The loudness of a guitar really depends on the quality of the wood. Wood gets harder as it ages.. it warps, twists, and sets into its final shape. The real way to get a loud guitar is to either expose your acoustic to the elements, and let the wood harden, or find an older guitar..

I think he is more concerned with which guitar body styles will give him more volume. Aging is good and all, but doesn't necessarily make a guitar louder.

For the poster, I'm still not sure why you specifically want a loud guitar. By their nature, acoustics aren't going to be blow-your-socks-off loud. Wouldn't you want a guitar that just sounds good?
For the record, there are instances where you need a loud guitar with no amplifier. I mean, I am going backpacking for a year after highschool, and I want a guitar that requires no amplification...loud would be good because if me and my friend run out of money and need to busk or street perform then the louder it is the more attention you get, especially on the crowded streets these days. But that is just one situation, I am sure there are more.

But yeah, a dreadnought is probably the best you are gonna get...because even though some jumbos are louder (not many though) , I find they are easy to drown out because of the tone. Also, I wasn't kidding when I said a resonator guitar...if you get a wooden resonator then you can get a tone only a little different from a regular acoustic...I mean there are some differences, but if you look you can find one that is close enough.

Dreadnought or Reso. in my opinion.