So Im Looking for a guitar for christmas in the $300-400 (canadian) range, and not sure which (if either) I should get. Ive been playing guitar for only a few months, and at the moment I have no need for the built in pickup, but I'll almost for sure be playing at least in my church's band after I get better...
So am I better off going with the 720s with a built in pickup? The salesman was telling me they were basically the same guitar, but im assuming there is a reason that the 720 is a cheaper model than the 730, and he also recommended a built in pickup over just one that goes in the soundhole.
Or maybe theres some other a/e at this price that would blow both of these out of the water?
btw the 720 w/ pickup is $440 and the 730 w/o is $380 at that store, (although I havent shopped around to see if theyre cheaper elsewhere).
730 has mostly aesthetic upgrades... they're the same woods for anything relevant. Go for the 720 if you need to plug in.
Don't get electronics unless you use it often.

As for a better guitar... Not at this price. A Yamaha's about the best you'll get. Normans and Simon & Patrick guitars are also very good. Sound wise, maybe better. Comfort-wise though, the Yamaha beats most guitars.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
the fg730s should only be 299.00US i bought mines at samash
take it easy man .. its just a thread
Quote by timmyinpajamas
the fg730s should only be 299.00US i bought mines at samash

this is canadian not US, and I imagine I will find a better price somewhere, I just went to one store to try a bunch of stuff out.
It's not too much more expensive in CAD. I also live in Canada.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.