my esp kh202 came with esp pickups. when i looked at pictures and guitars at other stores they came with emg-hz pickups but mine just came with esps. r they the same thing?
its a newer model got it about 3 weeks ago
the pickups just say esp so im not even sure what kind they r
EMG-HZ is a model of pickup under the brand EMG.

So...I have no idea what you mean by EMG's...do you mean EMG 81's? EMG 85's? EMG 60's? Some combination thereof?

EDIT:

Alright, the model of guitar you have, according to ESP's website, has ESP LH-301 pickups in both positions.

Hope that helps answer your question.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
no they are actually not quite as responsive as the emg. but it is an LTD so what do you expect? if you wanted super hot pups you should have bought an actual esp and not the lower end ltd.
I don't think they're the same. The older model came with emg-hzs and the newer ones come with esp pickups.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
ESP EX-400
Roland Cube-15
Bugera 6260 head
Home made 2x12 loaded with celestion G12t-100s

OPETH FTW
no, but made by EMG.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
The KH-202 never had EMG Hz's. Only EMGESP's and ESP LH-301's. The LH-301's are probably what you have.
nothing if you like the lower end of a good guitar. its like saying whats wrong with a squire compared to a fender.
Quote by EclipseCT
ESP LTD's aren't junk as long as you pay more then $400 for it =P

Quote by jymellis
nothing if you like the lower end of a good guitar. its like saying whats wrong with a squire compared to a fender.

There's nothing wrong with a LTD, though I do think that if you're gonna get a signature guitar may as well get the "full fledged version" which is the KH-2 Neck Through I think, but that's just my opinion. I'm not a fan of signature guitars anyway.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by jymellis

Uhhh, not at all. LTD's are waaayyy nicer than Squiers.

As for the pickups, my KH-202 came with ESP pickups too. They are called ESP EMG HZ's.
Quote by jymellis

You payed $700 for the KH-202? you got ripped off......anyway the older models have a painted neck and EMG HZ pickups and the newer ones have an unfinished neck with ****ty esp pickups
Quote by bnull24
Uhhh, not at all. LTD's are waaayyy nicer than Squiers.

As for the pickups, my KH-202 came with ESP pickups too. They are called ESP EMG HZ's.

compared to an actual esp they are basically a squire. if you have ever played a nice esp you would know what i mean.
I got lucky and caught my KH in the short window when it has the unpainted neck and the older pickups, although now they've been swapped.
Quote by Spengebaab
You payed $700 for the KH-202? you got ripped off......anyway the older models have a painted neck and EMG HZ pickups and the newer ones have an unfinished neck with ****ty esp pickups

i didnt pay it. i dont play ltd junk. i said that unless the ltd is 700.00 or more its falling really short on the esp line.
Quote by jymellis
i didnt pay it. i dont play ltd junk. i said that unless the ltd is 700.00 or more its falling really short on the esp line.

Oh, sorry I got confused.
Actually, the lower end stock pickups, like the EMGESP's and LH-300's are nice, for the money that is. The new LH-301's that they're throwing in everything now, just plain suck.
Quote by jymellis

So your saying..Gibson=good
Ephophone..=crap

I would take a ltd over an ephophone any day..but thats just me.

Jackson Kvx10
Jackson KE3
Esp Ltd ex:400
Marshall mg100dhfx
Quote by King of King V
So your saying..Gibson=good
Ephophone..=crap

I would take a ltd over an ephophone any day..but thats just me.

thats good because "ephophone" is a chinese rip off lol..i guess you mean epiphone..but ok

LTD over 400 series is wicked, 600 is great 1000 is fantastic!
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Cool story bro.

Just don't necro 9 year old threads again.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.