So, On the Epi VJ the distortion is up when the volume is, and theres no loud cleans, and also no quick way to switch from clean to distortion, so I was wondering, if I put an AC-3 between the head and the cab, would that basically give me a loud clean channel?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

I had the smae problem through a Fender amp, and the answer is yes, but I reccomend a basic compressor pedal, as they ten to come with volume boost.
I dont know much about compressors.. What would you reccomend?

Quote by bogg808

Quote by mcraddict81592
So, On the Epi VJ the distortion is up when the volume is, and theres no loud cleans, and also no quick way to switch from clean to distortion, so I was wondering, if I put an AC-3 between the head and the cab, would that basically give me a loud clean channel?

I'd venture to say that would overdrive the input on the pedal. On top of that, the pedal's output would most likely not be enough to drive the cab.

If you're running it into the front end of the head, you're not going to get loud cleans using an acoustic simulator, and you're definitely not going to get them with a compressor. That will overdrive the amp, same as a booster into a VJ will overdrive it and add some grit.
acosuticv siulaters dotn really work very well,, btut hat mgith be because im trying to usde them wit ha les paul. electric acoustics or semi solids are betterer
Quote by ccmu
I'd venture to say that would overdrive the input on the pedal. On top of that, the pedal's output would most likely not be enough to drive the cab.

If you're running it into the front end of the head, you're not going to get loud cleans using an acoustic simulator, and you're definitely not going to get them with a compressor. That will overdrive the amp, same as a booster into a VJ will overdrive it and add some grit.

So....are we saying I'm ****ed?
Or is there a better solution?

Quote by weorge
acosuticv siulaters dotn really work very well,, btut hat mgith be because im trying to usde them wit ha les paul. electric acoustics or semi solids are betterer

....really? Betterer? siulaters? mgith?

Please either spell check or stop posting...

Quote by bogg808

wow i type like a retard ( thoguth id say this before someone else says wow this guy invented a new language as theyalways do)
DO NOT EVER put any effects between the head and the cab, they will not be able to hold the load of the amp and will fry your amp and the effect.

Onto the cleans, you will need a higher wattage amp if you want cleans at louder volumes.