Hey,

I want to get my girlfriend a guitar and amp for Christmas. she's expressed an interest in wanting to play electric but I can't decide what a nice combo would be.

Any suggestions? Guitar or amps....I want to keep the combined budget below 300.

Thanks
Rocking the free world one step at a time!
What does she want to play?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Yamaha or Squire starter pack maybe? I'm pretty sure either of those will easily be within your budget
Quote by Skwisgar
The trip would reach its climax when you came across a character filling a pool via fapping and attempting to drown innocent people in it

Quote by Diet_coke_head
I ran up and started screaming rape because I knew she would never cheat on me.
Id be tempted to not waste the cash. I mean alot express interest, but well :P

Id start her off with an acoustic just undera £100 tbh, then spend the rest on a nice meal and perfume maybe?
Quote by lespaul#1
What does she want to play?

She would probably be very diverse....she loves classic rock and modern stuff so she's all over the board.
Yamaha Pacifica 112 + Epiphone Valve Junior.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Just get her a squire! I have one, and still my only electric for 2 years, and its an awsome guitar. You can get a nice one for like less than $200. It plays all types of music^ to the above question.
And amp wise...... You arent gonna get her a stack.. so Just go with A cube? if you can get one cheap enough.
Ide get her an acoustic. And let her play your electric.
Just be careful before spending that kinda money. You said she's taken an interest in it. Is the interest big enough to be spending that much?
Quote by CrimboJones
Just be careful before spending that kinda money. You said she's taken an interest in it. Is the interest big enough to be spending that much?

It's something she's wanted to do for a long time
300???are you guys freaking kidding me? my girl is getting sex and the city dvd. And she is going to love it.
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
Quote by DevilsDance76
It's something she's wanted to do for a long time

Yeh but ive always wanted to paint :P and i did, then lost interest :P

Acoustic is the way foward, and like someone said before, jsut let her play your electric if she wants to :P
Get her a Squier Jagmaster, not the black and white, the sunburst (same price) and a Spider 15 watt. For a beginner, that won't be horrible, and the smaller ones are ok.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by ##_Guitar-newb
300???are you guys freaking kidding me? my girl is getting sex and the city dvd. And she is going to love it.

sounds about right to me.

Anyway, I'd say a Squier Affinity Telecaster and a small Peavey Vypyr or Roland Cube would be a good versatile combo for that budget.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Ibanez RG120 and a Peavey Vypyr 15. Greatest deal of all time...kinda. But seriously, consider it. Great versatile amp, and pretty good guitar(For the money that is).
Quote by Swap-Meet
You're a smart guy.

the black one looks pretty ****ty, and the sunburst one is sexy as ****

I was looking at one of those before getting my CS STrat.
Quote by chip46
Like most others said, its hard to go wrong with a Squire Standard Strat as a first guitar. They run for $199 on Musicians Friend, and you can find plenty small practice amps for under $100.