Ok, first of all, hi. Right lets continue -
I managed to pick this up of a young man saying that it was his first guitar from years ago but he had left the bridge as his house in Wales. I don't know anything about it but here it goes -
It has an Epiphone v headstock with strat styled body??
It's quite obvious the body has been done - but the marks were it has been worn off underneath are light blue (don't know if this is going to help you)
The pickups say they are made by Hohner - On the electrics on the back it says 'HOHNER VBS-1 MFD. BY EMG USA'.
According to my brother-in-law it's some weird 1 spring bridge? It says just below U.S PAT. 4.632. 004 (if thats helpful?)
Oh yes the back plate bit on the back just says made in Korea - So maybe not an original body?? Idk much at all about older guitars and things but google doesn't help.
I would at least like to possibly get a bridge for it as I quite like this - Any help?
Thanks in advance,
Luke

Last edited by -Goat- at Dec 9, 2008,
You need IMG tags not HTML tags.
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
Theres a guitar just like that at a pawn shop that i know of(except for all the modifications) I have no idea what it is though.
I believe Epiphone made superstrats in the mid-80s to capitalize on the booming shred genre at the time... I forget the exact model, though.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
I believe Epiphone made superstrats in the mid-80s to capitalize on the booming shred genre at the time... I forget the exact model, though.

Looks like they failed.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
I have the answer for you.

The bridge is from a Steinberger locking tremolo system which was used on Hohner guitars in the early 90's.

I have the same system on my Hohner Professional ST Metal which I purchase in 1990. The tremolo is tuneable via the spring.
Thanks for necro-bumping this thread after 8years
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate