Let There Be Rock? I'm not saying that I am the best there is, but I want to know if I am making decent progress.
do you feel a sense of accomplishment? if so it is a success! play it till your hand falls off!
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
Quote by Swap-Meet
Layla by clapton?

not trying to knock your confidence down or anything, but i found that song pretty easy.

Let there be rock is one of the few songs by AC/DC that I've never really given a good listen to.

I kinda figured Layla was easy, but...
Theres no real set level for guitar, annoyingly.

If you could play Eruption, but nothing else a person would still be in "noobdom" imo.

I'm still waiting for it to happen, but it seems that a lot of people on these forums played for a few years, woke up and just went "Wow, how far have I progressed"
Quote by Skierinanutshel
if you are playing just to impress others.....you're still stuck neck-deep in noobdom.

Actually, I let few people know I play guitar until I can do impressive things. My friend on the other hand...
You'll be out of noobdom when you stop basing how good one is on the covers they can play and base it on their ability to compose, comprehend, and play music for the sake of playing it. Not for showing off.
Quote by assparade69
You'll be out of noobdom when you stop basing how good one is on the covers they can play and base it on their ability to compose, comprehend, and play music for the sake of playing it. Not for showing off.

Well I'm not playing for 2 hours a day to impress others!
yeah, keep goin tho. don't stop their. try improvising some solos
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Play until you feel yourself get better. I can tell when I get better. Through just jamming, learning others music or working on something original. It's easy to notice when you get better in any aspect of music, whether it be song writing or just having mad chops.

Just be yourself with your music, play because you love it and play what you love.

I actually found in high school what got me:
A) More comfortable playing for people.
B) Better.

Was I'd go to a party with my guitar and a small set list, get a little drunk and just play, because drunk people don't give a **** how you sound and neither do you haha. Playing for a small crowd of friends and/or family really helps your confidence out alot.

When you learn something difficult play it till you have it perfect and then try something else even harder and just keep going. Also learn your theory and scales that helps so much. I've only been dong theory and such for about a month and my playing has come so much further, and it's greatly helped my song writing to.

So in short, just don't give up and keep playing man.

Good luck bro.
The question is, how good do you feel to be able to play that?

That's all that matters.
UG's AC/DC Lover
Learn some theory, get your chords up as well, and try some improvisation.

Also, learn some different genres, such as jazz and funk, which will develop your versatility.

You're doing well, though!
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Noobdom ehh?
Being a Noob is to be new to something, not unskilled at it.
The thing im sencing from you is your think by learning songs others have made you can becomea skilled musician. This is both true and untrue.

The Catergorys i consider the most important in guitar are...

Technicality
Improvisition
Voicing
Control
Composition
Harmony
Melody
Rythymn
You're out of "noobdom" when you no longer feel the need to ask the question anymore.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
You're out of "noobdom" when you no longer feel the need to ask the question anymore.

Trust Steven to come up with something philosophical...