i have to do this stupid assignment for geometry. it's a one page research essay on what we want to be when we grow up and what kind of math will be involved.

only problems are: 1.) I have no clue what the hell i want to be when i grow up and 2.) i can't find any info on what math will be used in different careers.

I've already tried tattoo artist, disk jockey, and acupuncturist for careers but i couldn't find anything about math in them.

any suggestions on cool jobs that might involve any kind of math? or at least any place that i could find info on what kind of math will be used in certain careers?

please. this assignment is pissing me off so please don't write any stupid ass answers like "Try Google" or something. please help!
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
well if your really don't know what you want to be just pick something you know is math related like a Math Teacher and write something about that thats the easiest way i could think of getting the assignment done
You should say a pit mod......
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Musician?
To calculate exactly what speed you're shredding at.

Fresh food shop?
Count how many melons the purchaser wishes to buy.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
why the f*** is ur math teacher makin u write an essay 4 math she shoul b teachin u math problems
Quote by 08don
yes, thank you guitarfreak. free bj for you anytime. just not from me. no homo.
Well its not so much a cool career, but i'm doing a mechanical engineering degree, and that uses a whole lot of maths, geometry, trigonometry, and a hell of a calculus, stuff like fourier series and laplace transforms etc, so engineering of any kind is a very maths based career
Gear:
Musicman Sub Sterling
Yamaha RBXJM2
Ashdown MAG 300 Head + Ashdown 410T Cab
Bass Big Muff Pi
Korg Pitchblack
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Quote by a6l6e6x1
start a math metal band

that could be pretty cool, learning math while playing killer riifs!

Dividing with 0 = UNDEFINED!
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by a6l6e6x1
start a math metal band

lol! i totally should.

[under heavy metal riff...]"TWO PLUS TWO EQUALS FOUR! YOU'RE MOTHER IS A *****!!! RRRRAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!" [guitar solo...]
Quote by Iriathz
Fresh food shop?
Count how many melons the purchaser wishes to buy.

XD lol
Quote by brandon369852
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera

Last edited by classicrockboy at Dec 9, 2008,
Quote by classicrockboy
i have to do this stupid assignment for geometry. it's a one page research essay on what we want to be when we grow up and what kind of math will be involved.

only problems are: 1.) I have no clue what the hell i want to be when i grow up and 2.) i can't find any info on what math will be used in different careers.

I've already tried tattoo artist, disk jockey, and acupuncturist for careers but i couldn't find anything about math in them.

any suggestions on cool jobs that might involve any kind of math? or at least any place that i could find info on what kind of math will be used in certain careers?

please. this assignment is pissing me off so please don't write any stupid ass answers like "Try Google" or something. please help!

Doctor. There is a kidney operation that uses knowledge of ellipses to obliterate kidneystones.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Just say that nothing you want to be in life involves very much math, so there's really no reason for you to be attending the class any more.

You're welcome.

EDIT: or say you want to be a drug dealer, so you only need to know fractions and the metric system.
Quote by biga29
You should say a pit mod......

This...
Member of the UG Gentlemen of Higher Thought Establishment. Invite only. . .
Make something up. Most people don't end up being what they say anyway...
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by classicrockboy
lol! i totally should.

[under heavy metal riff...]"TWO PLUS TWO EQUALS FOUR! YOU'RE MOTHER IS A *****!!! RRRRAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!" [guitar solo...]

XD lol

that is amazing, that is sigged,

sorry RATM your fight against taco bell doesnt cut it anymore
Gear:
Maton MS503
Squier Strat
Randall RG75DG3+
H & K 100W Switchblade
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Digitech Crossroads
Digitech Jamman
Zoom G1

Quote by Sol9989
Caramello wins life.

Quote by A8039077
Caramello, that's mother****ing genius!
one-page reaseach????

damn that''s easy.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
a tattoo artist could use surface integrals to calculate how much ink he has to use
thanks for all the advice guys. i decided to become.......an electrical engineer! yay... :P well, at least i finnished that dumb essay now.
Quote by brandon369852
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera