Aight, i need suggestions for an amp (preferably tube)

Current Amp: Line 6 Spider 75watt

Playing Style: everything, but mostly metal

Budget: 500-600$

All help is appriciated

-Nick
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
I love my used Peavey valveking I that I bought for 250 bucks. New speaker and the thing is awesome!
valvekings can do metal but it takes a bit of work to really get 'em there. I didn't get an ideal metal tone until I swapped the speaker, bought an equalizer and an overdrive (which is fine because I don't primarily play metal anyway) On the OP's budget he'd just be better off buying a Randall RG50TC or some sort of Bugera, but Bugeras have incredibly iffy quality control.

If you told me what major city you're in or nearest to (I'm assuming you're in the US from the Confederate flag avatar) I or someone else would be able to help more.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
i play all kinds of metal, prog, power, melodic you name it.

cleans id like to be bright and warm
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Quote by Raijouta
valvekings can do metal but it takes a bit of work to really get 'em there. I didn't get an ideal metal tone until I swapped the speaker, bought an equalizer and an overdrive (which is fine because I don't primarily play metal anyway) On the OP's budget he'd just be better off buying a Randall RG50TC or some sort of Bugera, but Bugeras have incredibly iffy quality control.

If you told me what major city you're in or nearest to (I'm assuming you're in the US from the Confederate flag avatar) I or someone else would be able to help more.

i live an hour away from Baltimore
If you stretch to a bit more then a bugera 333xl would definately do you.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by charlie__flynn
If you stretch to a bit more then a bugera 333xl would definately do you.

if i buy a head i would still need a cabinet for it.
Quote by powerpiker
if i buy a head i would still need a cabinet for it.

There is a combo...

The Randall isn't known for cleans you want. Peavey Ultra if you need your overdrive bright, as well as your cleans. Used Valveking with upgrades if you need dark overdrive with acceptable cleans (not fender, but not ****).
Hm, I think for that much, a VK with a speaker change and an OD pedal (like the Digitech Bad monkey). Bugeras have **** QC... biased so cold that they can just go ka-put, they're not soldered together but rather clipped together, the transformer is loose as is the ground screw.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by dudey5691
There is a combo...

The Randall isn't known for cleans you want. Peavey Ultra if you need your overdrive bright, as well as your cleans. Used Valveking with upgrades if you need dark overdrive with acceptable cleans (not fender, but not ****).

ah
Quote by oneblackened
Hm, I think for that much, a VK with a speaker change and an OD pedal (like the Digitech Bad monkey). Bugeras have **** QC... biased so cold that they can just go ka-put, they're not soldered together but rather clipped together, the transformer is loose as is the ground screw.

what if i put a celestion speaker in a VK?
worth doing. Consult the VK thread for more info.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
learn to use the 'edit' button, it's there for a reason...

Head over to the VK Thread to get some information on a speaker upgrade. Personally, I chose the WGS Veteran 30 over the Vintage 30 because I favor a smoother midrange, and did not like the V30's well-known mid-spike.

Also, for less money, the Eminence Man O' War is pretty brutal... PM Necrophagist777 or talk to him on the VK thread, he's the only one I know of that has that speaker.
thanks guys