Poll: Stay at home, or come along with vacation?
Poll Options
View poll results: Stay at home, or come along with vacation?
stay at home(no mothers birthday or christmas with family)
23 46%
come along on holiday(no band, internet or girlfriend)
26 52%
Voters: 50.
Allright mighty Pit, got a question for ya.

The Christmas holidays are coming up and I'm torn between 2 options of spending my time for a number of reasons.

1. we'll be gone for 10 days, wich means I'll have no internet/girlfriend/band(wich means I'll miss 2 rehearsals) during that time.
2. I don't feel like spending 10 days in Italy with a bunch of halfdead broads generally known as the villagers that live in the town we'll be staying.
3. my mothers birthday is the 2nd day we'll be gone so if I stay at home I'll miss it.
4. I will not be with my gf during christmas.

I am told that I won't be having a whole lot of fun if I stay at home and I'll just end up wasting my time, then again I don't really think I'll have fun when we're staying on our own in a town full of old people either.

So what would be the best option according to the Pit? Stay at home with my band, girl and internet. Or come along to be with my family during Christmas and my mothers birthday.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Last edited by FretboardToAsh at Dec 9, 2008,
Do you have a phone? You could just text her when you feel the need.

Have you been to Italy before? If not, the unique experience could be enough of an incentive to go.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Quote by KwikKopy
Repetitions with your girlfriend or band?

If I'd stay at home I'd get 2 repetitions and time with my girlfriend.

Quote by Iriathz
Do you have a phone? You could just text her when you feel the need.

Have you been to Italy before? If not, the unique experience could be enough of an incentive to go.

a lot, so that's not my point. I'll be there along with a ****load of old nagging rotting people that I can't understand, no friends band or whatsoever.
I know I can text her but it's hard to have sex over the phone or have fun you know?
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
take your girlfriend and guitar to italy and plow them at famous monuments at your leisure
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
Quote by boreamor
Wtf is a repetition?

sry translation mistakes happen, rehearsal.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by boreamor
Wtf is a repetition?

A reoccurring event...

...not too sure what he means though.

EDIT: Ah, right. TS, have you been to Italy before?
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
See if your girlfriend can come.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by Zombee
See if your girlfriend can come.

I'm afraid that's not an option, for all of you wondering I meant rehearsals. I'm very good at english but even I overlook or forget things.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by FretboardToAsh
sry translation mistakes happen, rehearsal.

Ah of course! Sorry!

Well, in all honesty I'd go to Italy purely due to your mothers birthday. But you raise a good arguement for not going.
I would stay at home given the choice. Get some green, have some mates and/or the girlfriend over, smoke, f*ck and drink your way through the ten days?

Who's not going to want that if you've been to Italy before?
Go with your family.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Stay home. Although i know from experience christmas is one of he loneliest days to be alone on.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Well that's the whole thing, I've been to Italy several times. This time however it will be in the 2nd house of my parents in a small town with a lot of old people I don't know or care about.

I will not be able to do much for the band, spend time with my girlfriend or see friends whatsoever. I also can't take them along cause the cars pretty much packed.

On the other side, I starting to feel rather guilty that I won't be able to be there at my mothers birthday or spend some time with the family wich I've been lacking on a bit.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by clapton-floyd
I would stay at home given the choice. Get some green, have some mates and/or the girlfriend over, smoke, f*ck and drink your way through the ten days?

Who's not going to want that if you've been to Italy before?

agreed. stay home and have a ****fest while your parents are away.
If you've been to Italy and aren't looking forward to it, stay. Have your girl over for Christmas Eve and make love under a tree for Santa.

Then get your mum a really nice present and apologise once she gets home.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I would go to Italy and spend Christmas with my family. I'm sure you get to see your girlfriend and friends a lot. Cmon 10 days away won't kill ya.
How old are you?
Quote by Retro Rocker

haha

*wipes tear from eye*
Oh you're good.
Quote by Base Ics
How old are you?

If you'd check out my profile you'd know how old I am, old enough to stay at home at least.
UG's Flamenco Club
Stay at home man. I stay home every year in a similar situation and have a ****load of fun.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
I might lean towards staying at home...
though DO make up to you mom!
Quote by Retro Rocker

haha

*wipes tear from eye*
Oh you're good.
Dude I would give anything to go to italy. Can you bring your guitar with you? and theres always pokemon red/blue. You could always do something romantic too for your girlfriend from italy. For instance, send her a post card a day with a letter on it spelling out I Love you from a different place each time....

damn i need a girlfriend...
Holidays = Meant to spend some time with your family. Don't be a selfish douche, and it's also your mom's bday. You can live without your girlfriend or guitar for 10 days...

Damn.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by JeanMi36
Holidays = Meant to spend some time with your family. Don't be a selfish douche, and it's also your mom's bday. You can live without your girlfriend or guitar for 10 days...

Damn.

Such temper, luckily I can take my guitar along or I wouldn't be coming in the first place. Really the need for some people to bash random people on the internet baffles me, I hope your rant made your miserable life a bit better.

as for the just go for 5 days suggestion, that would cost me a lot of money for a plane ticket to go back wich I do not have. If I could I would've done that.
UG's Flamenco Club