uhh, yea so the other day I decided to take out the tremelo bridge on my strat and it broke...

at least 60 bucks for a new one and i was like "OMG". I was going to buy a new guitar anyways and I stumbled upon these

http://www.sagamusic.com/catalog/details.asp?ProductID=LC-10

I always wanted a Les Paul and this is the cheapest option I have. Of course I will put in new Humbucker's and change the bridge, tuning keys, etc

The only concern I have is the colour and stuff....
its crap. dont buy it
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
those are just kits they come with the holes pre-drilled so all you have to do is finish it and pop everything in (in theory) But i have not hear good things about the saga kits mainly regarding all the things that you intend to replace. If you are going to replace everything anyway why not buy a body and a neck separately?
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.
Quote by Kolanski
those are just kits they come with the holes pre-drilled so all you have to do is finish it and pop everything in (in theory) But i have not hear good things about the saga kits mainly regarding all the things that you intend to replace. If you are going to replace everything anyway why not buy a body and a neck separately?

Ok, well I haven't heard anything about these. I looked around and this is pretty much the cheapest option. It has the bindings and stuff already finished
ive heard the bodies are nice platforms for mods, thats pretty much it!
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
o i forgot to mention go to www.guitarattack.com and there are testimonials from people about their saga builds and such.
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.
In principle its a good idea, it gives you an intro into how a guitar is put together etc, but if you actualy want to use it as a finished product, you talking about replacing at least the nut, bridge, tuners, and pups and I have heard that the necks suck any way.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
In principle its a good idea, it gives you an intro into how a guitar is put together etc, but if you actualy want to use it as a finished product, you talking about replacing at least the nut, bridge, tuners, and pups and I have heard that the necks suck any way.

yea, it's mostly the body im looking for. I hate my strat, and i want more of an LP look. something that I can put in EMG's

the minimum is the pickups..
I bought one a while back and put it together.

Its higher quality than a squier.

Painting is the hardest part.
Its easy to do a bad paint job.
I did a clear coat so its a wood look. Looks nice.
Ok thanks for everyone's help, I decided I'm going to buy it and just even out the kinks...

I have had experience with this kind of stuff before so I will keep you guys informed.
Quote by Hydral
Ok thanks for everyone's help, I decided I'm going to buy it and just even out the kinks...

I have had experience with this kind of stuff before so I will keep you guys informed.

the heads suck.
I replace them with schallers.

some people said the necks suck, but I liked mine.

I left it 100% natural, unpainted, but the headstock was painted.

smooth.
well good luck to ya hoping to see some pics of it
Quote by Dr. House
Quote by ILoveGuitar07
I left it 100% natural, unpainted, but the headstock was painted.
Bare wood? Not a good idea... wood needs some form of finish on it oil, lacquer, paint w.e it needs to be sealed against the moisture.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by forsaknazrael
Are you sure you broke the bridge? How is it broken?

when i took it out, it was cracked and rusted
Quote by forsaknazrael
Rust doesn't mean it's broken. Let's see some pics.

+1. I mean, how the heck do you break a bridge without some serious power tools?
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer
Quote by Absent Mind
Bare wood? Not a good idea... wood needs some form of finish on it oil, lacquer, paint w.e it needs to be sealed against the moisture.

that is a very good point, I agree but,

we used to sell them so I got one at cost.

Cheap guitar, I don't care about it much.

It was more of a fun project.

It just sits on the wall now...looks nice up there tho.

I guess I'm spoiled with nicer guitars...lol..oh well.....I can't complain there!
Quote by GravyFish
+1. I mean, how the heck do you break a bridge without some serious power tools?

+2
For the 295$ you can almost buy a warmoth body and neck. As you are going to have to replace all the hardware anyways. It wont have binding an whatnot but be a whole lot better made guitar.
Quote by GravyFish

well, on my squier, I adjusted the intonation and sadlle height and part of the saddle just ....broke...
Quote by Tackleberry
For the 295$ you can almost buy a warmoth body and neck. As you are going to have to replace all the hardware anyways. It wont have binding an whatnot but be a whole lot better made guitar.

he's right.

work smarter not harder.
uhh, no I want the LP look and I just want to do this stuff myself.
Quote by james4
well, on my squier, I adjusted the intonation and sadlle height and part of the saddle just ....broke...

Saddles are cheap and easy to replace, though. Breaking the bridge itself is, well, difficult.
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer