I'm a rhythm guitarist, obviously. I already know some good thrash metal rhythm, and know about chugging, powerchords, etc. I know a lot of Megadeth songs, so that improves my riffing. I'm now starting to get into playing more music genres. I learned the chords for All Of Me about a week ago, and I can do the changes pretty well.

Now, I want to try and learn some good songs from other types of music such as prog rock, jazz, and some ska. Can someone tell me some good things to practice for these types of music and some songs I can start out with?
You just gotta wait for people to answer I usually wait a while before I get an answer

:hint if you want to help me with my tuning question that would be great.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
You just gotta wait for people to answer I usually wait a while before I get an answer

:hint if you want to help me with my tuning question that would be great.

This was posted yesterday.
Try listening to songs from said genres...and learn ones which you think have interesting rythm parts. Don't learn a genre for the sake of learning a genre, play things you enjoy.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by Gregoric
Try listening to songs from said genres...and learn ones which you think have interesting rythm parts. Don't learn a genre for the sake of learning a genre, play things you enjoy.

Thanks. And I do enjoy jazz, ska, and prog rock.
Quote by dantheguitarist
Thanks. And I do enjoy jazz, ska, and prog rock.

Then I'm sure you can think of a song or two you'd like to learn, right?
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w