Ok i go to a veryy veryy redneck school in a small town (maybe 1000 people). I get told like every day to cut my hair and im getting fairly sick of getting pulled out of class, pulled to the side, ect, to get told i need a hair cut because it is too long. My question to you guys is that since they tell just the boys to cut their hair, isn't this sexual discrimination, and isn't it illegal? I mean i can see why they dont allow unnatural colors and stuff like that, but that applies to everyone. Seems unconstitutional to say that boys cant do this and girls can.
By going to their school, you're choosing to obey their rules. If you don't like it, go somewhere else.
Yes, that is illegal(unless you go to a private school). Don't do it.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Unless your hair is infested with flies and reaches the floor, they can't say shit.

If it's a private school, though...
At my school, all males have to have short back, and sides.

Of course, we can get away with it to an extent.

You joined the school knowing what they expect. Join another school if you don't like it.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Quote by el-shredder
Tell them Jesus had long hair and you just want to be like your hero.

That is true!
That happened to my friend in junior high, he didn't cut his hair, they kept bitching about it but they can't do much about it
Quote by andy_thomas
Were you by any chance, exposing your scrotum to an open flame?
Quote by Iriathz
At my school, all males have to have short back, and sides.

Of course, we can get away with it to an extent.

You joined the school knowing what they expect. Join another school if you don't like it.

If its a public school they can't make you do it.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by Tom_hatton
By going to their school, you're choosing to obey their rules. If you don't like it, go somewhere else.

Well it's a public school, not much choice. I just don't see how they can get away with it. Either make a rule everyone has to follow, or don't make it.
Quote by pantericadeth
Ok i go to a veryy veryy redneck school in a small town (maybe 1000 people). I get told like every day to cut my hair and im getting fairly sick of getting pulled out of class, pulled to the side, ect, to get told i need a hair cut because it is too long. My question to you guys is that since they tell just the boys to cut their hair, isn't this sexual discrimination, and isn't it illegal? I mean i can see why they dont allow unnatural colors and stuff like that, but that applies to everyone. Seems unconstitutional to say that boys cant do this and girls can.

so is saying guys have to go into on locker room and girls into another. Discrimination is a joke, it is retarded that if you own a business the government can tell you who to hire. It is your business do whatever the F%*#( you want.

Quote by BLToast
They can't make you cut your hair. That's ridiculous.

They can't make you cut it but they can kick you out of school if it breaks school dress code.
Well you did agree to the rules by going to that school, but to be honest, what are they gonna do if you don't cut it? Kicking you out would be ridiculous.
i went to a private school for a few years, and their hair rule for guys was that your hair couldn't touch your shoulders
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
I got yelled at back in school for the same reason. Only they told me it was because it made them look stupid having boys with long hair in the school.

I purposely grew my hair as long as I could for the rest of my time there, and then chopped it all off just after graduation out of spite.
Yep. Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Invisible, yet full dressed.
Quote by TestMan6
so is saying guys have to go into on locker room and girls into another.

No it isn't. There's logic behind that segregation. It's not discrimination.

Quote by TestMan6
Discrimination is a joke

What? Tell that to the millions of people who fought in the Civil Rights Movement. How can you even say that discrimination is a joke? It's not a joke, it's a serious problem in our society.

Quote by TestMan6
it is retarded that if you own a business the government can tell you who to hire. It is your business do whatever the F%*#( you want.

I agree, businesses should be able to choose who they do and do not hire.

However, a public school is just that; public. It is open to all children who wish to attend and it's rules are meant to minimize distraction and maximize learning potential, nothing more.

Quote by TestMan6
They can't make you cut it but they can kick you out of school if it breaks school dress code.

True, but the TS could fight that in court.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
If its written in the schools rule book then technically you have to obey it, even if its just males. Doesn't matter if its a private or public school. If its a written rule, then its supposed to be obeyed. However, if its not written in a rule book, then you don't have to, and you can contest it.
They shouldn't be able to tell you to cut it if you go to a state school.

If you go to a private school, then your parent pay them to beat mindless obedience to arbitrary authority into, so too bad.

And zzeazz, you should change your status to 'UG's thread reporter.'
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION