Page 1 of 3
hey, just found out about this new range of guitar created by deal zelinski. iv looked at a few pics and it looks like theres some cool stuff on its way. what dyou guys expect from this?

theres also a bit on the forum here you can sujest a shape.

http://www.dbzguitars.com/splash.htm

i also notice theres a bird on the headstock lol
Basically redesigned Dean Guitars...which is exactly what it is...
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
Most of those look bad ass, especially the black V,
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
XBL Gamertag: XzXPatrickXzX
The System HAS Failed
Quote by tommyp484
"RUSSELL! WHAT THE F*CK!!!!"
If they're half as good as the old Deans I'll be willing to pay the price.

Not that I have that kind of money.
if i sujest a 7 string v with a floyd and you guysall sign up and go wow i buy that.... ;P
Those look like the guitars where at first you're like "Dude, that thing looks sweet!" and 3 months later, after you buy it, "Man, this thing sucks". But yeah, some of those looked pretty dang cool.

But at first, I thought you meant Dragonball Z guitars. I was like... Wtf?
ehh, they dont stand out to me, they look like all the other "metal guitars" and whatnot. even though some metal guitars look good, the ones that look too pointy etc. just dont look good.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Personally, although I'm no fan of the BR00000TAL MET4LZ OVAR H3R3!!!!!111oneone!oneeleven1two

kinf of look, I'd get the LP style guitar. I assume most of these'll be good, considering satch has played the LP style DBZ more than on one occaision.

EDIT: I'd also get that SS shape in the flashing picture thing with the abstract skull graphic. I'm a sucker for nickel covered pickups, and a good abstract graphic.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Last edited by V.U.K at Dec 9, 2008,
Quote by gnaraaron
ehh, they dont stand out to me, they look like all the other "metal guitars" and whatnot. even though some metal guitars look good, the ones that look too pointy etc. just dont look good.

Mr. Dean was one of the pioneers into extreme shapes, but he didn't overdo it like B.C. Rich did. I'm expecting these guitars to be in par with the vintage Deans. It takes some balls to leave the company you founded (That bears your own name) and then start up another company doing the same thing again that got you famous/noticed. Props to Mr. Zelinsky
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by jkielq91
if i sujest a 7 string v with a floyd and you guysall sign up and go wow i buy that.... ;P

I suggest spelling lessons.
Yeah those looks badass. Except for the licensed floyds.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Quote by V.U.K

I assume most of these'll be good, considering satch has played the LP style DBZ more than on one occaision.

Soon as I get the money I'm buying one then.
That man has TASTE. I expect great things.
Quote by Delanoir
I really home there's a less extreme-looking "ML"

Don't hope. If you look at the pictures, most of the guitars are T3H BR00TAL METULZ.

The ML got sharper, and the V is similar to the BC Rich design.

I'd only get one of them if:

You only play standing. Those wouldn't be comfortable sitting, I think.
If they're on par with the original 80s/70s MLs for the ML, and on par with the RR series jacksons for the Vs. Only time'll tell.

EDIT @ RockPig: Yeah, just check out his Podcasts. You and I have the same taste
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by V.U.K
Don't hope. If you look at the pictures, most of the guitars are T3H BR00TAL METULZ.

The ML got sharper, and the V is similar to the BC Rich design.

I'd only get one of them if:

If they're on par with the original 80s/70s MLs for the ML, and on par with the RR series jacksons for the Vs. Only time'll tell.

EDIT @ RockPig: Yeah, just check out his Podcasts. You and I have the same taste

The more traditional shapes are quite reserved though, and the strats without the pointy horns look so cool. Cool as an Ibby JS without the signature model connotations.

DO WANT.
Quote by Rock Pig
The more traditional shapes are quite reserved though, and the strats without the pointy horns look so cool. Cool as an Ibby JS without the signature model connotations.

DO WANT.

Have you looked through the flashing images on the page? Wait for the Strat shape guitar with the Abstract Skeleton graphic. That thing looks great, imo, but only time'll tell if DBZ is as good as I think it'll be.

IMO, best case scenario, we'll have a new PRS on the market, worst case scenario, it turns into Dean, and has terrible QC and whathaveyou.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Quote by V.U.K

ML's are very comfortable to play sitting down. You just need a little more room around you for the giant body
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by narcoticsfairy
This was a lot more exciting when I thought it was Dragonball Z guitars....lol.

its the founder of deans new guitar company. he did leave and say he would make a new company. and bam. here it is. im diggin the superstrat. and i lvoe the head stock.
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
Quote by Flux'D
ML's are very comfortable to play sitting down. You just need a little more room around you for the giant body

I know, but these aren't exactly MLs. I have an ML, and the ones on the site look thinner, and as if they'd slide off your legs when sitting like butter on toast in the Sahara Desert.

EDIT: woops, what am I saying. I don't have an ML, but I refuse to play my guitar when I can play my guitar teacher's 1981 ML with Neck-thru and fixed bridge.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Last edited by V.U.K at Dec 9, 2008,
Also heavily involved in the company is Jeff Diamant from I don't remember where. I read an article about it in Guitarist a while ago. They're going to use a lot of computer routing and graphics, apparently.
Quote by Rock Pig
Also heavily involved in the company is Jeff Diamant from I don't remember where. I read an article about it in Guitarist a while ago. They're going to use a lot of computer routing and graphics, apparently.

Transparent finishes > Solid color > Graphics.

ew.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Quote by Rock Pig

I really don't like the sound of computer routing.

Aren't computer routed guitars usually pretty bad? I know Gibson Computer Routes, and their guitar quality is balls. I could just be being stupid, and the guitar quality is only bad because the people who inspect the guitars are first cousins with Opie.

I understand graphics, though.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Quote by V.U.K
I know, but these aren't exactly MLs. I have an ML, and the ones on the site look thinner, and as if they'd slide off your legs when sitting like butter on toast in the Sahara Desert.

EDIT: woops, what am I saying. I don't have an ML, but I refuse to play my guitar when I can play my guitar teacher's 1981 ML with Neck-thru and fixed bridge.

I'm perfectly fine with the normal ones, and I generally don't have anything against most pointy guitars, I mean hell, I have an RR.

I just want an ML that doesn't look like BC Rich puked all over it.
they look like jazzed up deans with out dimebag on them. if there any good they will produce there 750+ range somewhere other then china.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
I want the ML shaped one, that thing looks sick.
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by dantheguitarist
I seriously thought this was going to be about Dragonball Z.

Me too.

And it's hard to admit, but damnit I was excited about it.
HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY YOUUUU GUYYYYYYSSSS
first i thought lame i want dbz guitars stupid thread should die

then i saw

i'm not a fan of skeletons and blood drop inlays and all that but this is on sexay guitar man
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
^I'd have that with a different neck and finish. My ideal kind of Strat shape, hence my Ibby JS. Symetrical headstocks on Strats don't work though, and the finish is ugly and ostentatious.
I'm not digging all the radical shapes, but that Flame Maple doublecut and the LP look absolutely stunning
Maximum Volume Yields Maximum Results
haha I thought it was going to have goku on the guitar or something..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by dantheguitarist
I seriously thought this was going to be about Dragonball Z.

You are not alone my friend...
Quote by narcoticsfairy
This was a lot more exciting when I thought it was Dragonball Z guitars....lol.

After read the tittle I was like

then I was like
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Page 1 of 3