Page 1 of 2
I NEED someone. I'm only 16. In a pretty decent band. A member of Student Government at School. President of the Guitar club at my school. A member of DECA, and FBLA and many other things, and yet all this means nothing since I feel welcome nowhere. I've checked the symptoms for mild recurring depression and I matched half of them. I just need someone to talk to. I don't feel I should burden my problems on someone else by calling them and saying "I have depression" -- However, I made a cry for help on Facebook and Myspace that fundamentally said " I NEED HELP. SOMEONE HELP ME " No one had the time to help.

I just feel so tired lately. A friend of mine died lately. Know what i feel after his passing? Absolutely nothing. I hate these feelings. I don't feel welcome anywhere anymore except with the guys in my band, But guess what? Those guys never want to hang out unless we HAVE to. And guess when we have to? Band practice.

I want someone to talk to. I want a girlfriend. Not because of the physical needs, but the emotional factors. I want someone who's there for me REGARDLESS of what I'm going through instead of my parents who have admitted they're embarressed of me or my Student Council mentor who today told me that I'm 'liability' to the Council. He asked me whether I wanted to continue being in Studnet Government which is his way of telling me to drop.

The one person I really would feel comfortable talking about all of this is my Ex, and guess what? She doesn't want to talk to me.
I'm sorry, I feel so pathetic posting about this on the forums of Ultimate Guitar, but, you're my last hope seeing as my friends don't seem to care at the moment.

And yes, I know I have so much going for me in my life, it means absolutely nothing if you feel you have ABSOLUTELY NO ONE to share it all with.
You're 16 and your friend just died. That's normal.

If you're worried, see a professional.

Also, never look up symptoms for things. You'll just get paranoid.
The Pit is the WRONG place to come with this.....

inb4flamingandsarcasm
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Sorry, Rechecked the symptoms of the depression. I qualify for all of them except two.
Life goes on. You're not depressed, you're a teenager.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Do what I do when I feel down.

Heroin.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
and what do you want us to do about it? every teenager is depressed.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Look for someone who is open and willing to talk about anything. You just need a friend to talk to. Try to meet new people.
Quote by BotC
Sorry, Rechecked the symptoms of the depression. I qualify for all of them except two.

Self diagnosis is one of the leading causes of teenage suicide. I'm not denying that depression would seem most likely, but it could just be a bad case of "feeling down".

I would see a doctor about this, and get a professional opinion

Cheers!
Quote by sadistic_monkey
You're 16 and your friend just died. That's normal.

If you're worried, see a professional.

It's been like this since before he died. Had these feelings for a good four months or more now. But, I plan to see a professional tomorrow.

And I know the Pit is the wrong place for it, but, I need someone. Simply as that. Just need some help.
Write music, write lyrics, write in a journal. Stuff like that helps me when I feel alone.
Okay, Okay. Sorry. Sorry. Pit wrong place to go.
I'm sorry. My bad.
Just a teenager. Hormones. Got it. Sorry.
Quote by sadistic_monkey

+1, self diagnosis is teh worst thing you could do; depression isn't just a set of symptoms but a whole other raft of things, if you're worried about it see your doctor.

However, I do think I know how you feel; I've had a pretty shit year myself, just know this:

You are not alone.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by BotC
Okay, Okay. Sorry. Sorry. Pit wrong place to go.
I'm sorry. My bad.
Just a teenager. Hormones. Got it. Sorry.

No worries dude

Just dont diagnose yourself.....

Also, see a doctor.

PM me if you feel like it, i got no problems talking at all
I felt the same way, minus the death..... but i do know how that feels.
And I still kindo do. The only way to get out of it is to not think you are depressed. Think you are happy. Quit your band and start a new one. To me your bandmates are just not bandmates. Dont look for a girlfriend. She will come to you and you will know who. Lay in bed, watch the brave little toaster, and eat pretzels and drink 7up. That makes me feel better
Quote by imdeth
If you need to vent the fine people at The Hugging Thread are there for you buddy

I've thought of going in there, but honestly, I think one of the few things that'd make me feel more pathetic than I do would be hoping someone you don't know might pretend to hug you.
That's just me, no offense to anyone who frequents it.
Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by Bubbles516
Its super effective!
well i listened. if u want good advice you came to the wrong place. download a song called "A Better Place, A Better Time" by Streetlight Manifesto, or just look up the lyrics and read them. IT WILL HELP YOU!
"The Mad Scientist"

Quote by Fuzzbox91
for someone with a madness avatar (ok ill admit mdness interactive was cool for its time), youre seem to have the right idea.

"Reaching for, the gun, to load and persuade you, to stay..."
Quote by Zugunruhe
and what do you want us to do about it? every teenager is depressed.

17. Not depressed.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Quote by dxvxb
well i listened. if u want good advice you came to the wrong place. download a song called "A Better Place, A Better Time" by Streetlight Manifesto, or just look up the lyrics and read them. IT WILL HELP YOU!

This man speaks the truth.
Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by Bubbles516
Its super effective!
Yeah, echoing here, but everyone is gonna go thru the depressed stage of teenage years. EVERYONE, and i mean it, EVERYONE, has been thru the depression stage, or will go thru it, and alot of people get out of it fine.
Welcome to life
Quote by xander307
that wasnt scary daryldom, it turned me on

Proud Canadian Eh?
i went through almost exactly the same thing earlier this year, when i was also 16

life will sort itself out mate, it always does
Wow im not gonna lie ur life sounds exactly lik mine last year. What i did i quit my band which was a metal band and started writing and playing music that made me feel good. Started turning my feelings into lyrics. Only listened to music that made me feel good if it didnt i deleted it. Surround urself with friends who actually do care if none of them do that means u need new friends.
Quote by Wulphy
Life goes on. You're not depressed, you're a teenager.

+1 Its just teenage angst, these threads pop up daily now.

Sorry to hear about your friend by the way.
Quote by wtf290
I've thought of going in there, but honestly, I think one of the few things that'd make me feel more pathetic than I do would be hoping someone you don't know might pretend to hug you.
That's just me, no offense to anyone who frequents it.

I understand what you're saying but it's more than that. We try to cheer the folk up and give advice
no offense or anything but welcome to being a young adult. im pretty things like this have happened to everyone your age and up. i feel how you feel right now, just kinda alone, tired and empty. not sad but not happy, just there. i lost 2 or 3 buddies in car accidents, had break ups, no one to talk to, a dysfunctional band, all that high school stuff. just keep your head up it gets better.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
find new friends
because obviously your current ones dont really care about you
and as a few people said before NEVER diagnose yourself you just become paranoid beyond belief
see a shrink and if need me talk to your parents, seems weird i know but sometimes there the only ones there to talk to
and listen to alot of music. especially ska that always makes my feel better
Quote by smb
Further proof, if proof were needed, that Bill Gates planned 9/11 with Elvis.
Go get it checked out mate. You honestly sound like me. I haven't had a death or a friend but I don't have the emotional support of friends. Only one person if any.

If you're depressed it might be just that you need friends, and then only you can help yourself there. Or it could a chemical imbalance and drugs would help. Or it could be you need to talk about your friends death and you have no one to do that with. I don't know, only you will. But I'd go see a councellor.
Quote by KwikKopy
My troll detector is vibrating.

BOOOO!!!!

Quote by wtf290
Do what I do when I feel down.

Heroin.

You'll never catch the Dragon.....
first relax
i know that the people says that its only because youre a teenager
i am to, i am 15
i had depression last year (but was different)
first, look for someone who can listen to you, im saying, if you didnt find it in your home, school, band, etc
you can find it here maybe
if you came here for help, i will try to help you
dont feel pathetic for looking help here, anyone can do it
if you want a girlfriend, just wait
she will come to you at the right moment (ive never had a girlfriend and im still in love with a girl)
try to relax with your guitar, bass or anything you have
and please, dont listen grunge or something sad or heavy, it will only make you feel worst
go with a professional, that will help you
and you will know when you dont need it anymore
just, try to face the next day with a better smile that the one you dont have today
Hola.
You're depressed, it happens to everyone and usually teenagers.
Others on here are like this too: Tushmeister made a very very moving thread about it a week back, I hope you can take consolation and some solace in the fact that you aren't the only one and you'll not be the last.
Other than that, do what some of us do to get through this (mine own self included): find something to keep living for and find something to dedicate yourself to. I know it seems hard now because you might feel there isn't anything, but keep looking and look very hard for it - you'll find something in the end to work hard on and that will keep you going.
Other than that, go to the Hugging Thread and they'll help you feel a bit better

Quote by zzeazz
You'll never catch the Dragon.....

I'm surprised you haven't reported this thread yet.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by MyNameIsLame
17. Not depressed.

17. Depressed
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
i went through that a bit at school but more anger. when you are in your 20s and you realise there is nothing there even when you have a musical talent..10 people show to gigs even tho you put your heart and soul into it, family still look down on you for not being the good lawyer who plays classical piano and for me i was so obnoxious i lost all my friends and even bandmembers dont want to know me and if they could find a replacement they would immediately. Work sucks and you are broke all the time, girlfriend thinks your a loser because you cant have real relationships due to no friends.

Life sucks..carpe diem.
Quote by JaffaCak3
i went through that a bit at school but more anger. when you are in your 20s and you realise there is nothing there even when you have a musical talent..10 people show to gigs even tho you put your heart and soul into it, family still look down on you for not being the good lawyer who plays classical piano and for me i was so obnoxious i lost all my friends and even bandmembers dont want to know me and if they could find a replacement they would immediately. Work sucks and you are broke all the time, girlfriend thinks your a loser because you cant have real relationships due to no friends.

Life sucks..carpe diem.

Ain't it the truth
C'est la vie
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Page 1 of 2