A good friend of mine is looking to get a job at my place of work, and i would really like to help her out. HOw does one go about giving a recommendation.
i dont mean to sound like a jackass but dont u literally go to ur hiring manager and say something to the tune of "I KNOW THIS PERSON I RECOMMEND HIRING THEM!"
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson
well obviosuly id be a little more collected than that.

OWuld it work if i walked in and went

"Oh hey <boss>, my friend is looking for a job and might bring her resume by......." and the end is w here i get lost.
tell your boss your friend has a stunningly large penis...

works every time.
"Oh hey <boss>, my friend is looking for a job and might bring her resume by......."

then describe her, and why she would be good for the job or something along those lines?
-Mike Tyson
Quote by IRONMAIDENTLICA
"Oh hey <boss>, my friend is looking for a job and might bring her resume by......."

then describe her, and why she would be good for the job or something along those lines?

umm no...you DONT do this. all you do is say hey boss, my friend ____ is interested in working here and she might swing by today with her resume, shes a really good worker. just giving you a heads up.

then you walk away. do not describe her or why she is good. it reflects poorly on her since it'll appear as if she told you to say that, even if she didn't.
Quote by Wesseem
umm no...you DONT do this. all you do is say hey boss, my friend ____ is interested in working here and she might swing by today with her resume, shes a really good worker. just giving you a heads up.

then you walk away. do not describe her or why she is good. it reflects poorly on her since it'll appear as if she told you to say that, even if she didn't.

thats more along the lines of what i meant i worded it wrong, hes right dont go into detail i meant say something like shes a good worker, and u think she would be good for the job, thanks for calling me out on it i phrased what i meant wrong
-Mike Tyson