And I want to find some licks that sound good with it. I know you use them with two major chords that are a whole step apart and all, but when I play lead while jamming it just sounds like a repetetive bunch of notes. I'm extremely comfortable with the minor pentatonic, however..
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
I figured it out though. It's just the minor pentatonic with the flattened third I think.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
Quote by md41
I figured it out though. It's just the minor pentatonic with the flattened third I think.

The minor pentatonic already has a flattened third. That's why they call it the minor pentatonic.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
i thnk your thinking of the dominant pentatonic in minor?

So if you were playing in Em, you would play a pent on B?
is this the scale your talking about?
E dominant pentatonic: E - F# - G# - B - D
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
If you are trying to break away from pentatonic scales, try learning solos that use other scales and analyzing them. You must get out of your comfort zone (pentatonic scales) and start something new.
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
minor pentatonic scale already contains a dominant and a minor 3rd interval.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by DarTHie
If you are trying to break away from pentatonic scales, try learning solos that use other scales and analyzing them. You must get out of your comfort zone (pentatonic scales) and start something new.

I believe he means stuck in a good way, that he likes the sound the scale makes.

Also, i think a huge problem people make is jumping to other scales too quickly, start learning more scales before they fully understand the scales they were previously learning.. before they're really comfortable with them.