i just downloaded photoshop and i wanna make a picture of my friend to be all black and white except for her eyes and her hair

she has reddish hair and blue eyes

thanks
WOO
Go for it.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
photoshop is a really complex program. its not something especially user friendly. go find a forum or something for it.

anyway, im not going to help you because you downloaded it illegally.
I have no opinion on this matter.
duplicate layer then take the background layer and make it black and white. Then erase the parts of the upper layer you want to be black and white.
Quote by TestMan6
duplicate layer then take the background layer and make it black and white. Then erase the parts of the upper layer you want to be black and white.

This, except make the top layer black and white and erase the color spots.
Quote by Ekofu
This, except make the top layer black and white and erase the color spots.

Easier to get the parts you want by using it layered the way I said to do it. Depends on how detailed you want it I guess. I am a perfectionist when it comes to graphic art.
or just make the entire thing a selection, erase the parts of the selection you want in color in the selection editor, and then make the selection black and white. but that might be the most complicated way...
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by TestMan6
Easier to get the parts you want by using it layered the way I said to do it. Depends on how detailed you want it I guess. I am a perfectionist when it comes to graphic art.

The way you said would have required alot of erasing and possible mistakes leaving colored parts in
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Make a new layer and call it "Black and white".
Make sure that new layer is selected.
Choose the Sponge tool and at the properties bar at the top change the settings to Desaturate and flow to 100%. Then click on any part of your friend that you want to be black and white. (So everything except her hair and eyes you said).
PM me if you have trouble, it's quite simple.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Did this in 3 mins just now lol. I'll find a tutorial somewhere for ya, or just post the pic and I'll do it myself