Lisa Lisa borrowed 10000. She borrows from a friend at 8%, twice that amount from her bank at 9% and the rest from her Insurance at 5%. She pays a total of 830 in interest for the first year. How much did she borrow from EACH SOURCE?!!
can't.........stop........watching.......dancing.......cattt..............

*drools*
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Didn't you get the hint the first time the thread was closed and people told you to take it to the math thread?
The day I started failing math was the day I was asked to show my work.
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” -Winston Churchill
830 = 10000(.08 x 2X + .09 x X + .05 x (10000-3x)) Solve for x and wham you got it.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by amd123
i cant find the math thread

Gotta search for it bro, just search Math and Science and you'll probably come up with it. I'll find it and post it here just in case.
3000 from friend, 6000 from bank, 1000 from insurance. You have to set up 2 equations with 2 variables.

10000=x+2x+y

830=.08x+.18x+.05y
really? cuz i did something VERY similar but got a left over when i subtracted out the interests
Quote by gtdude114
830 = 10000(.08 x 2X + .09 x X + .05 x (10000-3x)) Solve for x and wham you got it.

WHAT THE ****

you did that ******* quick,
and i wanna let you know that .18 x 6000 is 1080
and people say DRUMMERS (im one) CAN'T DO MATH >_< yea maybe guitarists can't do math either ???
Quote by amd123
really? cuz i did something VERY similar but got a left over when i subtracted out the interests

I'm pretty sure... I checked it and all. Not sure what you're doing subtracting out interest, maybe you were just making it overly complicated.
You cant use .18x cuz x can only represent the value from her friend in the INTEREST equation because .18 of x is different then .08 of x BUT .09 of x MULTIPLIED by 2 is the same as double of x
Quote by amd123
and i wanna let you know that .18 x 6000 is 1080
and people say DRUMMERS (im one) CAN'T DO MATH >_< yea maybe guitarists can't do math either ???

sorry its .09 got my numbers mixed up

edit: the answers were right... I never show work in math. I finished Calculus and haven't had to take math since... so my work showing skills have diminished.

Can we leave it be now?!?!
Last edited by john_bosma at Dec 9, 2008,