i vote classic vibe mexicans are hit or miss
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
Don't touch the Vintage Modified Squier. It's pretty damn awful.

As far as other decently made Squiers vs Mexican Fenders go, if the specs read the same then there's no reason why they can't be the same quality. The Affinity Squiers that are sold for the American market get the same alder bodies that Mexican Fenders get (though Affinities made for sale outside of America are made with agathis), the necks are essentially the same - basically, everything is the same except one was put together on a Mexican production line and the other was put together on an Indonesian production line.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble

As far as other decently made Squiers vs Mexican Fenders go, if the specs read the same then there's no reason why they can't be the same quality. The Affinity Squiers that are sold for the American market get the same alder bodies that Mexican Fenders get (though Affinities made for sale outside of America are made with agathis), the necks are essentially the same - basically, everything is the same except one was put together on a Mexican production line and the other was put together on an Indonesian production line.

I thought they weren't bad at all? The ones I played were nice.

Anyway, The Classic Vibe series Squiers are very nice.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Fujita
the cheap Affinitys are beter then the vintage ones?
If you're in America then yes. The pickups on the Vintage Modified will be slightly better, but not much, and you'll still end up wanting to replace them anyway (I guarantee it).

The Affinities in America are at least solid alder (as most 'proper' Stratocasters are). Good balanced tone with good sustain. The Vintage Modified are Indian Red Cedar, which is tonally between mahogany and basswood (darker tone), with much less sustain.
As I said, this doesn't apply outside of America. For some reason the Squier Affinities that are made to be sold outside of America are made with agathis instead.

The Classic Vibe series are also always solid alder too.

Quote by oneblackened
I thought they weren't bad at all? The ones I played were nice.
I own one. I don't actually know where it is at the moment because the last time I touched it was three months ago when I used it as a prop in some photos because at the least, it does look pretty. That's about all it's good for.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
MIM

High end Squiers are nice, but a MIM is still better
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
the classic vibe 50's strat i played was simply one of the best playing guitars i've ever played. sounded great unplugged too, but the pickups were poop.. i'd say go with the classic vibe because like 6/10 MIM's are turds with strings.
High end Squiers, hahaha. MIM for sure.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
I couldn't recommend either of them unless you can go and play them first, at that end of the spectrum qc can vary a lot.

btw shredforbread33, worst sig evar. > <
Quote by Ausgeno
I couldn't recommend either of them unless you can go and play them first, at that end of the spectrum qc can vary a lot.

btw shredforbread33, worst sig evar. > <

hehehe. (I chose not to show it in this post )
Low-end Fender > High-end Squier. I can explain why, but that tends to be long.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by MrFlibble

maybe the VM strats are trash, but the VM jagmaster is awesome.
Give them a go but the low end Fender will be the better guitar generally. One important thing to look out for is that the guitar is properly setup from the shop. It is worth paying a bit extra to get a guitar from a good shop with a good reputation that is set up properly. Otherwise you could pay extra to get the Fender which plays worse than a Squire due to it being badly set up.

I would say MIM too, but try to find one to play and see for yourself if you can, the feeling you will get will be much sturdier than a Squier and less cheap feeling.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Low end fender >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Highest end squiers
epiphones are the only budget company(that i know of) that overlap with there parent company
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by shredforbread33
High end Squiers, hahaha. MIM for sure.

You've never played a Classic Vibe.

EDIT:
Quote by ShredGod George
Low end fender >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Highest end squiers
epiphones are the only budget company(that i know of) that overlap with there parent company

Same for you.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Felttoaster
i vote classic vibe mexicans are hit or miss

This is so true
guitars, MIM strats and squiers vary from guitar to guitar.

my MIM strat was made in 95 and after a little modding, is my favorite guitar.

i also have an alder Squier. a very good guitar, great for the money. also, modded, and plays well, but fom the start there were obvious hardware and neck issues i didnt find on the MIM strat.

i suggest if possible, play the guitar you intend to buy.
make sure there are no flaws before you take it home.
if you cant play it, make sure you get a good return policy.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The classic vibe series did suprise me, but if you can afford the MIM I'd say go for it. Overall it is a better guitar.
For Strats, MIM Fender.

Now, if we were talking Teles on the other hand it would be a different story because I think the Classic Vibe 50's Tele is better than an MIM Standard
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray