You measure success by the people you repress
You can take you ****in' uniform and shove it up your ass
I'm not here to make you happy

Chorus
We are the new generation
and we have to stand up for what is right
Our future is our own to shape
This is are time to rise up and fight
With an irresistible blend of reggae induced hip-hop and catchy pop-punk hooks, Half Chance Heroes captivates audiences with their unique sound and energetic stage show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8bSU0u8uvM
Hm seems to me that the lines are kinda long to go with a punk song? (at least I'm guessing this is punk, based on your sig and the lyrics)

I do like the first line, alot of people can relate to feeling like their respect is lost on those who expect it.

But please fix the grammar: "This is are time to rise up and fight"
Please, the thing that keeps us different from the rappers is our ability to construct proper sentences.

This song can be something, with a little revision.

^ At least that's what I think
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
the lyrics were nice and punk-y, full of aggression, and being a former private school member (unfortunately) i was very pleased with "take that uniform and..."

and the first line was good. chorus was a bit cliche but not something that detracted much from the overall tone.
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
Honestly, I thought this was complete rubbish. You know what you want to do (write a punk-song), yet you express absolutely no punk ideologies.

The only basis I have to lyrically call this song a punk-song is the mere fact that it bluntly states a "stand up and fight" mentality, which is such a redundant message to use for the base of your song, such an unnecessary stance to make, that it leaves your song with, well, nothing.
I'm not saying that you must change the message you are trying to get across to the listener, but why not approach it from a more interesting perspective. Maybe hone down on a more specified approach to your message, instead of "we have to stand up for what is right." Well, what is 'right'? what is YOUR 'right'? why might my 'right' be your 'wrong'?

Just my opinion.
eyes Bright?
Quote by arrrgg
Honestly, I thought this was complete rubbish. You know what you want to do (write a punk-song), yet you express absolutely no punk ideologies.

The only basis I have to lyrically call this song a punk-song is the mere fact that it bluntly states a "stand up and fight" mentality, which is such a redundant message to use for the base of your song, such an unnecessary stance to make, that it leaves your song with, well, nothing.
I'm not saying that you must change the message you are trying to get across to the listener, but why not approach it from a more interesting perspective. Maybe hone down on a more specified approach to your message, instead of "we have to stand up for what is right." Well, what is 'right'? what is YOUR 'right'? why might my 'right' be your 'wrong'?

Just my opinion.

honestly i thought this was very "punk" and fairly well written
Quote by sneyob
Hm seems to me that the lines are kinda long to go with a punk song? (at least I'm guessing this is punk, based on your sig and the lyrics)

I do like the first line, alot of people can relate to feeling like their respect is lost on those who expect it.

But please fix the grammar: "This is are time to rise up and fight"
Please, the thing that keeps us different from the rappers is our ability to construct proper sentences.

This song can be something, with a little revision.

^ At least that's what I think

Hey man will get a crit done in a while, just at work at the moment but saw this guys comment and mainly I agree, the grammar is the main problem. Reason I quoted it is for the rapper comment, don't be so close minded man.