I have a Epi. les paul standard with a fender frontman 15w amp ( the beginner one u get from the package) and and metal muff with overdrive distortion pedal.

I like playing punk to metal to alternative music. Should i get a new guitar n amp? or is the guitar i have now fine? I like stuff like a7x, rise against, newfound glory stuff like that
guitar is fine for now. get a new amp. whats your budget?
Gear:
Fender Telecaster w/ Vintage Noiseless Pickup
Epi Les Paul SH-2/SH-11
Fender Blues Jr.

Fender Jazz Bass w/ Badass II Bridge & Custom Shop '69 Pickups
Fender P-Bass w/ Basslines 1/4lb. pickup
Ibanez GSR200
Fender Bassman 150
Quote by Drach6193
I have a Epi. les paul standard with a fender frontman 15w amp ( the beginner one u get from the package) and and metal muff with overdrive distortion pedal.

I like playing punk to metal to alternative music. Should i get a new guitar n amp? or is the guitar i have now fine? I like stuff like a7x, rise against, newfound glory stuff like that

Id imagine that what you have is fine for now. I dont know anything about the amp, but Im sure the pedals can make up for the distortion. Youd need a bigger amp for playing with others though. Good taste in music though.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
definately get a new amp..yours is crap.. sorry..

but yea, save up like 300 bucks and you can get a really decent amp.. 500 if you want to go tube i'd say
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
well im not in a band yet.....

um what bout humbuckers, i just stuck with the ones it came with, and what amp would be good?

oh n price is no more than 250 bucks, i dont need a big as amp a 15w is good enough for now
Quote by Drach6193
well im not in a band yet.....

um what bout humbuckers, i just stuck with the ones it came with, and what amp would be good?

oh n price is no more than 250 bucks, i dont need a big as amp a 15w is good enough for now

dude, thats what i thought, until i got a lot better and met some people who wanted to jam. That 250 would be better off put towards a bigger amp, at least big enough to be heard over a drummer. You never know...
amp for sure. the standard and the muff are good for years. suggestions for amp: roland cube series for a nice solid state, for tube, blackheart, epi valve jr. , etc. with that metal muff and an epi valve jr. stack, you'll get any tone you could need.
well it was gonna be a christmas gift lol. i dont have that much money yet. i just want a new amp cuz that ones fried. it makes a weird buzzing/fuzzing sound
If I were you, I'd put all the money you can to one side until you get into a band. Then get yourself the nicest amp you can afford. There are alot of amps available for you for a little bit more money so don't rush into a decision. Saving a little more now will seem harder, but further down the road, you'll thank me A nice valve amp lasts a long time.

Guitar is cool btw, don't worry about it
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay