Hey i believe this is the guitar i have I was wondering if it was a Good STARTER!!!! guitar I am not looking for a Nice Grand 2,000 Dollar guitar just want a Decent starter hre is the page

My First Guitar was recomended to me buy some one in the Guitar Shelter xD
Most people who start out with squiers tend to regret it later. You can get better quality starter guitars for the same price or less. (edit: this is only from what i've heard. i've personally never played a squier so don't take my word for it)

http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitar-ss4.html

just because it has the fender brand name doesn't mean it's good.
Quote by Trowzaa
I immediately clenched my butthole after reading that...
Last edited by vartanspartan at Dec 9, 2008,
That's a nice starter. What amp are you using?

^Just because it says "Squier," doesn't mean it's bad. Rondomusic really isn't known for their cheap guitars. They're known for their Agile series and above.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
That's a nice starter. What amp are you using?

^Just because it says "Squier," doesn't mean it's bad. Rondomusic really isn't known for their cheap guitars. They're known for their Agile series and above.

true, but the agiles are still around the same price (200). but i didn't say anything about it either way.. i just said not to get too excited over the fender name. (and yes squier doesn't mean it's bad)

if someone recommended that guitar to you and you like it then go for it. The point I wanted to make is that there's options and not everybody has to go with a Squier.
Quote by Trowzaa
I immediately clenched my butthole after reading that...
Quote by vartanspartan
true, but the agiles are still around the same price (200). but i didn't say anything about it either way.. i just said not to get too excited over the fender name. (and yes squier doesn't mean it's bad)

if someone recommended that guitar to you and you like it then go for it. The point I wanted to make is that there's options and not everybody has to go with a Squier.

Fair enough, but the TS already owns the guitar, anyway.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Get a MIM Fender Standard Strat or Tele, can't go wrong with that, and you'll use it forever. If you play metal, put in some humbuckers, rock, maybe leave it the way it is.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
dont do what i did
listen to fender strats and gibsons for a difference
i didnt know anything electrics.. listen to the sound of a single coil and humbucker for each guitar respectively; so you can learn more about pickups

this will help guide you in your decision
Taylor 314CE
Modulus G2T and G3CT
3 Warmoth Guitars
2 Fender MIA Strats--SRV & JM
Alvarez w/ Modulus Neck and EMG DG-20s
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals
Huh...I agree w/ most and wouldn't get a Squier. I got one as a first electric a couple months ago. Loved it at first but even after 4/5 months, it's starting to wear out. Jump and get a cheaper Jackson/Ibanez
i'd say a yamaha pacifica is much better than a squier for beginner, i had a squier but got rid of it fast, my friend owns a pacifica and it owned my squier's ass.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
thanks for all the feedback guys and i Currently own the guitar lol.... I need a new amp my amp is a scrachy sounding pieca junk that i think was like 50... Im sure its just me though any one know what settings to put it on? their are so many gnobs though its a pretty old amp now i think it could just be settings (as in treble and what not)
Quote by KoE-Death
thanks for all the feedback guys and i Currently own the guitar lol.... I need a new amp my amp is a scrachy sounding pieca junk that i think was like 50... Im sure its just me though any one know what settings to put it on? their are so many gnobs though its a pretty old amp now i think it could just be settings (as in treble and what not)

price range and what kind of music style?
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Epiphone G400 and a Roland cube would be a cool starter set.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by KoE-Death

Well since you already own the guitar, hope you have fun with it and dont be afraid to upgrade to a better one when yours skills get more advanced and ready for a new one. Squiers arent "Bad" but are generally the very low end of the guitars. They aren't "Complete and utter crap" and "unplayable" but are well, cheap. You get what you pay for. The difference in a $200 or $300 or $400 guitar will be very noticable.

If you want some help with settings we will need a picture of the amp (dials) or the name and model amp you have. Also settings depend on what music you are playing. In a lot of situations tons of distortion would be bad but in certain styles its good. I would maybe recommend getting a roland microcube or peavey vypyr amp since you might like it and it would *probably* make you sound a lot better. playability is on the guitar, sound is on the amp generally. Well most of the sound at least.
For a beginers practice amp the Roland Micro Cubes are good. There is plenty of adjustment and effects on them you can use until you have a better idea of what you need later on.
Quote by vartanspartan
Most people who start out with squiers tend to regret it later. You can get better quality starter guitars for the same price or less. (edit: this is only from what i've heard. i've personally never played a squier so don't take my word for it)

http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitar-ss4.html

just because it has the fender brand name doesn't mean it's good.

i didnt regret it, still dont.
and go rondo if you want Agile, thats the only reason why there rondo is so popular.
what amp will you be using?