Edit: Flag is going to be preburned and sprayed to avoid problems with the popo. Sorry I did not make this clear.
I'm supposed to do a visual project on the book 1984. I was figuring I would partially burn an American flag and then spray paint "One nation under CCTV" on it or something to that extent. Kinda cliche I know. Any ideas on anything better I could do or a better phrase to spray onto it?
Edit: I know that burning an American Flag would be offensive to some but this is a very liberal school and part of the project based on how Oceania would have used propaganda when they assimilated the U.S. I'll double check that everyones cool with it before I do it. I intend to also use the fact that I can burn and mutilate a flag as a testament to our socialites freedoms regardless of how screwed we are socially which makes us at least one step better then a dystopia.
Many people are just making mix cd's of rage agianst the machine songs with lyric sheets and then just showing how newspeak would quickly edit it in stages to nothingness.
Last edited by Hgtcore3 at Dec 9, 2008,
You'll of course need these guys:

...right 1984, right?
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Hgtcore3
I'm supposed to do a visual project on 1984. I was figuring I would partially burn an American flag and then spray paint "One nation under CCTV" on it or something to that extent. Kinda cliche I know. Any ideas on anything better I could/spray paint onto it.

Big Brother Is Watching you.
I wouldn't do that if I were you, the houghtay olicepay are atchingway...
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Quote by Red33
I wouldn't do that if I were you, the houghtay olicepay are atchingway...

yes but don't worry they can't figure out pig-latin which will allow us to stage a relatively organized rebellion
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Burning an American flag doesn't sound like something a person would want to do right now.

That's all I have to say though.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
wow, you're so lucky. my 1984/brave new world project was a video where we interview 5 adults a huge list of questions we came up with on our own, and videotape a 20 minute analysis of it.
Show the movie Brazil. Duh.
Quote by iceman95
ok
here's what you do
1. Take a fork, preferably metal.
2. Put some tomato sauce on it.
3. Let tomato sauce on fork dry.
4. Turn it in and call it: "The Spaghetti Massacre."

New guitar fund = beer/0
Quote by Rogue Hermit
wow, you're so lucky. my 1984/brave new world project was a video where we interview 5 adults a huge list of questions we came up with on our own, and videotape a 20 minute analysis of it.

Best part is that its the final for the class. The teacher is going to the Bahamas as soon as term ends and did not feel like reading 150 papers while on vacation. I think I will go with "Slavery Is Freedom". Dunno why I dint think of that. Doh! What about the stenciling? Is there a site that will help me design or print one?
Quote by Hgtcore3
I'm supposed to do a visual project on the book 1984. I was figuring I would partially burn an American flag and then spray paint "One nation under CCTV" on it or something to that extent. Kinda cliche I know. Any ideas on anything better I could do or a better phrase to spray onto it?

Yer... I mean America isn't nearly as bad as UK for CCTV (1 camera for every 4 people)

Sorry, I actually have no ideas, I'm real tired, if I think of anything I'll let you know
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION
just stand up and say .... "i can't talk right now ... they're listening!"
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
No. Don't do that. Especially not with the American flag behind it. You should make up what you think the Oceania flag would look like and spray paint that. Then, in black ink put "Big Brother is Watching You"

Brave New World> 1984. Wouldn't the future governments realize that sedation and desensitization would control society much more efficiently than by bullying and fear?
i love 1984, orwell did a great job. the stenciling is a awesome idea, but make up the flag, some people may take offense to a burnt american flag y'know?
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by barangatang
No. Don't do that. Especially not with the American flag behind it. You should make up what you think the Oceania flag would look like and spray paint that. Then, in black ink put "Big Brother is Watching You"

Brave New World> 1984. Wouldn't the future governments realize that sedation and desensitization would control society much more efficiently than by bullying and fear?

What makes you think the future governments would use different tactics than those that have worked for centuries?
Quote by tommyt
just stand up and say .... "i can't talk right now ... they're listening!"

Yeah make it into some sort of performance art.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Before answering that, I would like to know why you think that those tactics have worked?
Quote by st.stephen
Why would you burn an American flag when it was in the UK?

Sorry edited it to explain why. Oceania also took over the U.S. in the book though and part of the project is based on propaganda and what type of propaganda they might have exposed us freedom loving Americans to.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
Well burning an American flag would seem like a supportive move for Oceania, I would think, because you're burning your vestiges of freedom.

And sorry, I'm not trying to troll, I just think you could do a more creative project with such a great text as 1984, instead of going for "shock value" and burning a flag.
http://flagspot.net/images/f/fic-ings.gif

Burn this flag instead. It's more correct to the book.
██████████████████████████████
Quote by st.stephen
Well burning an American flag would seem like a supportive move for Oceania, I would think, because you're burning your vestiges of freedom.

Its supposed to be supportive of Oceania. Its supposed to dipcit the type of propaganda the party would have used when they took over the U.S. in the book since it is never depicted in the book how America is taken over.