I know, they're great, someone said they're ugly as sin, but he loves them.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
The only reason I WOULDN'T buy one, is because they're butt ugly.
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
Telecasters are freaking cool. I think the haters are nothing but jealous. I'm getting ready to buy one in the next couple of weeks.
I think they look beautiful. I used to not like them, but I've come to change my mind. I now own one.
i used to not like them. now im in love with them.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
i think teles are awesome, soundwise and how it looks. i'd rather have a tele headstock rather than a dean headstock any day
I own a telecaster, and its by far the best guitar I have played... wouldnt change a single thing about it.
huh this is kinda interesting... cause in other threads they get a ****load of hate
Quote by canucks11
huh this is kinda interesting... cause in other threads they get a ****load of hate

that's cuz of the metalheads
name... THREE seperate styles of music you could play with a telecaster.

case and point.

tele players kinda are stuck to one genre... unless you're into stuff like john 5 and slipknot (jim root).

other than that, you have like... blues and country, and that's music that a LOT of people find extremely boring, such as people like myself.

now, i'm not really able to judge one thing or another like that, as tele's ARE good guitars for what they do, but I would never buy one, they look silly (imo), and they are far too bright sounding for me.

keep in mind that i like metal and lots of gain :p
teles are amazing guitars, looks, feel, sound... everything... i used to only kinda like them but went along with the hate, then i realized how wrong i was.

I'm now the proud owner of a 1968 fender tele, couldnt imagine a better guitar
Live fast, die young, and leave a good lookin corpse

Quote by filthylittleboy

case and point.

tele players kinda are stuck to one genre... unless you're into stuff like john 5 and slipknot (jim root).

other than that, you have like... blues and country, and that's music that a LOT of people find extremely boring, such as people like myself.

now, i'm not really able to judge one thing or another like that, as tele's ARE good guitars for what they do, but I would never buy one, they look silly (imo), and they are far too bright sounding for me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Telecaster_players

there, now say how it's only good for one style
once you hit guitar playing puberty you start to love teles i used to hate them but i played one and i fell in love
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
Quote by filthylittleboy

case and point.

well if you've got the right amp...
jazz,
blues,
country,
and some rock
Even though I never liked them I have bought and sold so many Teles in the past I can't even count them. IMHO they are the ugliest guitar on the face of planet and I think they sound horrible but people love them and if I can make a buck buying one cheap and reselling to those people like I did in the past, I would do it again. Truthfully I never found a single one I would ever consider owning for myself and was always amazed at the guys who bought them from me for big bucks. The same goes for Strats I never found one I liked in over 30 years.

John
They're amazing guitars for what they do. A bit twangy for me, but still great guitars. Uglier than Rosey O'Donalds vag though.
Feed your mind.
I'd love a tele with a reverse strat headstock.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
It's all the metalheads who are in love with their B.C. Rich Warlocks and all the other br00talz shapes. Frankly the tele was designed specifically to be cheap and economical(as are most Fenders), and are no-frills. Two pickups, two knobs, and a selector switch. Minimum amount of hardware. Simple finishes. No binding on most. It really all depends if you like the simplicity a la a hotrodded car(barebones but gets the job done damn well) or not. Personally I think the barebones-ness is the source of the sexy.

Also, to the idiot who said to name three genres;

Country(Brad Paisley and countless others)
Punk(Joe Strummer)
Metal(Jim Root, John 5, etc.)
Rock(George Harrison, Syd Barrett, Mike Campbell, countless others like with country)
Blues(I shouldn't have to list this, but Muddy Waters, Roy Buchanan, Albert Collins and, again, countless others)

I'd list more, but I think those five cover the majourity of UGers.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by necrosis1193
Rock(George Harrison, Syd Barrett, Mike Campbell, countless others like with country)

Bruce Springsteen... Keith Richards...
Quote by corndogggy
Bruce Springsteen... Keith Richards...

Believe me when I say I could've gone on a lot longer, I just didn't want to put too many in.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by filthylittleboy

case and point.

The Tele neck pickup was originally designed to play jazz,
Joe Strummer played Punk and it sounded great.
Teles are great for country/ chickenpicken
Alot of guys use them for Rockabilly and Blues
Gear;
Ibanez AF75
Takamine EG550
Digitech gnx3
Peavey Classic 50
Also Hard rock- Richie Kotzen.

Tele's are the sex.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
i love the twang! well honestly i like les paul leads better, but love the tele rhythm...and lastly i used to think theyre ugly then it clicked in me one day, they are some sexy guitars in their own odd way
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"