Page 1 of 2
Not necessarly the shred side but artistic side and this kind of creativity.

Anyone know any? BucketHead really seems to have an unique style and I like it but can't find more of it.

Thanks in advance
hmm actually im interested to see what artists are comparable to him. i like buckethead's style and wouldn't mind hearing other artists sort of like him. good question TS. good question indeed
Quote by Wesseem
hmm actually im interested to see what artists are comparable to him. i like buckethead's style and wouldn't mind hearing other artists sort of like him. good question TS. good question indeed

Well yeah he has a very very unique and original style, he's the kind of guitarist I want to sound like, but I really can't find anything that sounds like him seriously.

The only artist I know that is very different from him but they have a bit of common in style or creativity is Joe Satriani, but they still are very different.
i'm thinking paul gilbert or steve vai, but i dont listen to way too much b-head.. hope that helps
1997 Ibanez RG7620
Modded Starcaster by Fender

Boss GT10
Dunlop Mister Crybaby Wah

Line 6 Spider III 30
micheal angelo baito.... yngwie malmsteen, paul gilbert, go satriani, steve vai.... are some expamples... micheal angelo is god tho
What i've noticed is most shredders like vai and buckethead have their ownway of playing, a a unique style thats impossible to copy
I must say, I don't like Buckethead at all. It seems like he's weird just for the sake of being weird.
Quote by metaldud536
Synyster Gates

I'm sorry maybe I'm just dumb or missing something, but i don't see how they are alike??

(btw i do respect both of them, Buckethead is amazing and Synyster Gates is pretty good)
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
john 5, paul gilbert (probably the biggest influence to buckethead as he was his teacher for some time).
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Buckethead wears a mask therefore he must be a legend.....

He's just a good shredder - that's all.
Quote by InvaderTSN
John 5.

this.
times infinity
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Trefellin
I must say, I don't like Buckethead at all. It seems like he's weird just for the sake of being weird.

get past the weirdness and listen to the music you pus. the music is beautiful
Quote by Trefellin

I respect your opinion, but he's not weird at all in fact and is a great guy. He just have a lot of imagination and a lot of creativity, all what it takes to be a good guitarist.

Quote by davedoom
Buckethead wears a mask therefore he must be a legend.....

He's just a good shredder - that's all.

You probably didn't hear a bunch of his songs... And the mask is like I said, a product of his imagination. He has that storyline he invented "in his head" and etc. I can't really see how to explain this kind of thing. But same thing again, I respect your opinion and don't wish to start some flaming arguments.
Quote by seankellyultgtr
get past the weirdness and listen to the music you pus. the music is beautiful

If he takes off the bucket off his head, I'll listen to his music. I refuse to listen to the music of a man who wears a bucket on his head. Sorry.
Quote by Trefellin
If he takes off the bucket off his head, I'll listen to his music. I refuse to listen to the music of a man who wears a bucket on his head. Sorry.

That's a dumb reason not to listen to music. It's like saying I'm not gonna listen to black metal because corpse paint looks silly.
Quote by kevC4

You probably didn't hear a bunch of his songs... And the mask is like I said, a product of his imagination. He has that storyline he invented "in his head" and etc. I can't really see how to explain this kind of thing. But same thing again, I respect your opinion and don't wish to start some flaming arguments.

And you say something like that!

I have many of his songs and a fair number of boots - i like lots of the songs, he is a good composer, if not great songwriter.

His technique is very much his own.

However - he is overrated by all the kids who actually do not know his songs and jump on the "bucketwagon"
Quote by davedoom
However - he is overrated by all the kids who actually do not know his songs and jump on the "bucketwagon"

I have to say that I completly agree with you and it frustrates me really, but it's not a reason to hate on an artist or criticise him

Lol bucketwagon
Steve Vai has some similarities but I find him to be a little too far out of it at times. I want to listen but he's just going beyond my limits of strangeness with some of his music.
Joe Satriani is good though and John5. I think the NZ band Jakob has some similarities on the ambience side of things with some Buckethead tracks like ones from Colma and Electric Tears and Acoustic Shards to a degree.

Buckethead wears the mask because he wants people to like his music, not him or like him for how he looks. He doesn't want people getting wrapped up in how he looks as opposed to how he plays which in a shallow world is what tends to happen. If the guitarist isn't filling the 'view' general public want then their music won't generally get heard. Not many people would praise a metal guitarist if he played in a pink tutu all the time, they'd just get stuck on the pink tutu. Some get stuck on Buckethead's bucket or mask, and some hate him merely because he won't talk. But he's great to listen to if you want to, all comes down to the want or desire to hear him usually.
I think he's a highly talented guy and for someone who isn't so well known in other parts of the world like in NZ and doesn't really go in for making music for money and stuff thats pretty cool. I find him to be more of an inspiration than other guitarists.
Quote by metaldud536
Synyster Gates

/fail
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by SkyD
Steve Vai has some similarities but I find him to be a little too far out of it at times. I want to listen but he's just going beyond my limits of strangeness with some of his music.
Joe Satriani is good though and John5. I think the NZ band Jakob has some similarities on the ambience side of things with some Buckethead tracks like ones from Colma and Electric Tears and Acoustic Shards to a degree.

Buckethead wears the mask because he wants people to like his music, not him or like him for how he looks. He doesn't want people getting wrapped up in how he looks as opposed to how he plays which in a shallow world is what tends to happen. If the guitarist isn't filling the 'view' general public want then their music won't generally get heard. Not many people would praise a metal guitarist if he played in a pink tutu all the time, they'd just get stuck on the pink tutu. Some get stuck on Buckethead's bucket or mask, and some hate him merely because he won't talk. But he's great to listen to if you want to, all comes down to the want or desire to hear him usually.
I think he's a highly talented guy and for someone who isn't so well known in other parts of the world like in NZ and doesn't really go in for making music for money and stuff thats pretty cool. I find him to be more of an inspiration than other guitarists.

That pink tutu thing made me lol

But he doesn't wear a mask just for that reason, but also because he likes it and it's his character... It's his imagination and he doesn't care what other people has to say about it, he does it all for him.
Quote by InvaderTSN
That's a dumb reason not to listen to music. It's like saying I'm not gonna listen to black metal because corpse paint looks silly.

This is different, he wears a bucket... On his head.

A bucket on his head.

Fucker wears a fucking bucket on his head!

A FUCKING BUCKET!!!
Quote by soulflyV
Lame.

That's like saying "I'm not going to listen to the Beatles because I don't like their haircuts."

Didn't "lame" get censored?
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by kevC4
Not necessarly the shred side but artistic side and this kind of creativity.

Anyone know any? BucketHead really seems to have an unique style and I like it but can't find more of it.

Thanks in advance
There is nobody like Buckethead.

On that note: Ron Thal
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
...i don't know of any other guitarist who was raised in a chicken coup...
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

then i watched that segment again
Quote by Brendan.Clace
/fail

i agree
as i stated yesterday,
"Gates is the skidmark on the pants of guitar players worldwide"
and i stand by that statement
Quote by :-D
I once saw somebody carry a Guitar Hero controller in a case to protect it. He probably should have packed his testicles in there too, seeing as he won't need to use those for quite a while.

Explorer Club member #4
PM JEST87 to join
Quote by tymanic
micheal angelo baito.... yngwie malmsteen, paul gilbert, go satriani, steve vai.... are some expamples... micheal angelo is god tho

He said creative.
Tool.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Robert Fripp + Paul Gilbert + Eddie Van Halen + Jimi Hendrix = Buckethead
Quote by Steven Wright
If God dropped acid, would he see people?
doesn't buckethead have some sort of disorder, hence his reason for not talking? i don't recall what it was, but i saw people going on about how buckethead had some disorder in his youtube video comments. i could be wrong, just curious... i always thought it was a character.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Page 1 of 2