So i was playing an epic bend on the high e-string when there was a snapping sound and the string went very loose. At first i thought i had broken the string, but when i checked the string was intact and just very slack. After i tuned it back up i noticed that the e-string bended slightly easier and sounded louder and clearer.
What just happened?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Might have been cut some slack where it has that loop that stops it from shooting through your guitar.
Feed your mind.
Quote by Firebread
Might have been cut some slack where it has that loop that stops it from shooting through your guitar.

Probably ur best answer it may have been caught on something

Quote by mattman93
This, atheists talk about religion more then religious people.

Youtube
Quote by Firebread

if so. then you fail
Another thing that might have happened is u just broke half the string. Its happen to me B4 unstring it then check ur string for anything wrong with it
Quote by Firebread

TC, the same thing happened to me before and I determined it was this. It's really weird, I was like, "**** I broke a... Wait... What?" It took me the longest time to figure it out but that's the only real possible solution I could come up with.
The only thing I can think of is that the Ball end of the string got caught on the inside of the bridge, not puleed all of the way through, and your bend pulled it loose.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by gitarkid247
Another thing that might have happened is u just broke half the string. Its happen to me B4 unstring it then check ur string for anything wrong with it

Broke half the string?! What you been smoking?
Quote by Martin Scott
On guitars where the strings go through the body (Strats, etc), sometimes when you string it, the ball gets stuck halfway up the shaft. The bend might have made it come unstuck.

If this is the kind of guitar you have then this is probably what happened. Has happened many a time on my silvertone.
It was probably just caught in the nut.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Check both sides of the string, bridge end and neck end, you might notice that the string looks thinner on one of the ends significantly, sometimes they just pop out or break towards the ends, happens once and a while to me, might happen to me more often because I'm a tremolo bum, lol.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
i think it has something to do with the winding at the ball end coming loose if i remember correctly. i've had this happen to me many times before. as soon as i start winding up the string (i do it slowly and carelfully BTW) it snaps and slaps me in the face.

you'd think that by having this happen to me frequently i would have learned my lesson by now but i still haven't
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
This happened to me when I just got my new strings. It just unwinded from the top because it wasn't wrapped around enough. Also if you have a strat the ball thing on the end might have been caught when the string was going in.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
.....it happens. it scares me too.

"finally i restringed my guitar"
*twangy snap noise*
"FFFAAARRRK!, oh.... it still works, lucky, its my last g-string"
Is bad ass one or two words?
sounds like the tuning machine may have slipped to me. might want to check that by pulling on the string with your pick hand. if the tuning machine is the culprit, time for some locking tuners.
Quote by gitarkid247

Jesus Christ... And I thought I was bad with the ganja.
With enough money saved you will buy a new straw skirt and coconut bikini, a airplane ticket back to civilization and a large Mesa Boogie amp and a Gibson Explorer and shred the faces off with METALLICA!

Quote by wokandmurrys
.....it happens. it scares me too.

"finally i restringed my guitar"
*twangy snap noise*
"FFFAAARRRK!, oh.... it still works, lucky, its my last g-string"

Were you attempting to finger A minor?

CONTRIBUTION EDIT: Yeah, the ball end probably just slipped up. Everything should be fine, you just gotta retune it. Its happened to my friend before.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Quote by steven seagull
It was probably just caught in the nut.

The high E string?

I guess it would help if we knew what kind of guitar he was talking about - but I'd say the string was overlapping itself on the machine head and just "slipped" down off of the string directly onto the machine head.

Or as was mentioned above, the ball could have been improperly seated.
Gear

Gibson '57 Les Paul Reissue
Marshall TSL 601
EHX: Big Muff, Metal Muff, Small Stone, POG, 2880
Ibanez TS808
Voodoo Labs Microvibe
Analogman Chorus
Morley Bad Horsie II
Keeley Compressor (C4)
Nova Delay
MXR 10-band EQ